• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx May Cut Jobs, Add Fewer Stores and Park Planes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just because you disagree with someone politically does not mean you should resort to name calling. Remember what your boy Obama said,"we can disagree without being disagreeable".

I guess your right; using "red neck" is not very nice and is resorting to name calling. Next time I will use ignorant, uneducated, stuck in the past and not open-minded.

Since I'm not name calling anymore perhaps you will recant your "boy" reference in regard to my main "MAN" Obama.

Funny guy. What is even funnier is all the cargo trolls rolling around on these boards the past few years since 911 convincing all the pax haulers you got it made....you and UPS are insulated from what the pax guys gotta deal with because "hey no matter what people will just keep sending boxes". I'll admit, I started to buy in to this argument to some degree. It looks like we were both wrong. Having said that, barring some unforseen circumstance I beleive box haulers will be just fine in the end. Your increased number of FE's who were over 60 combined with the age 65 legislation and parking 3 man airplanes has hurt you worse in the short term than some pax carriers purely from a pilot standpoint.

Actually, people are still sending boxes, and lots of them. The problem is that they are not paying the price to send them by NDA. Instead, they are paying lower prices to send em on the ground by truck.

That profit is for investors. Any company needs to generate revenue to continue any level of operation or cutback, maybe cease to exist.
No kidding. Profit needs to be increased year over year. The fiduciary responsibility of any CFO is to the investors.

That profit is for investors. Any company needs to generate revenue to continue any level of operation or cutback, maybe cease to exist.

Yes...and empowering their $493M profit (up 3%) was $9.54B in revenue (up 1%). While I'm no economist, its obvious that cost cutting and improved efficiency is boosting profit more than revenue growth.

I sincerely hope that management is able to uphold their fiduciary responsibility to FDX shareholders while not reducing their workforce in the midst of half-billion dollar profits...

Yes...and empowering their $493M profit (up 3%) was $9.54B in revenue (up 1%). While I'm no economist, its obvious that cost cutting and improved efficiency is boosting profit more than revenue growth.

I sincerely hope that management is able to uphold their fiduciary responsibility to FDX shareholders while not reducing their workforce in the midst of half-billion dollar profits...

Company's need to look past quarterly profits and look towards long term goals. Fortunately our CEO looks more long term than short term. FEDEX is making big time dough. Dont furlough people because of a measly quarterly profit statement.

Latest resources

Back