Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AAmilguy

Gents and Ladies,

Does anyone know the EXACT number of new hires expected to attend class on the 22nd? Word on this site is that will be all ANC -11s. That we understand. Any better intel on the individuals attending? Seems we have figured out that FIFO is not the current methodology and that the urinalysis is good for 120 days, confirmed.

Aso what about subsequent classes? Are they advertising May 29 or June 5th? If so, are calls going out referencing these dates?

Thanks in advance.

heard that there will be 9 in the first class. no news on follow on classes. also heard the pool will be drained by high time and experience. good luck

Rusty Nail said:
My friend in it says a total of 10 and all to ANC. Gnd school starts on the 6th of June.

Does "it" refer to the title of this thread May 22 class makeup?

So you're telling me that May 22 class starts on June 6...

sweet.

It almost sounds as though they're putting the plug back in the drain hole (STS). What gives? I thought once this training letter was published, it would get drained quickly. Now it sounds like a slow leak through October.

Also heard that Boeing classes to start right behind that... Probably when the MD 11 guys vacate the BI room.

I wonder if the assignments to the Boeing will go FIFO?

Enquiring minds want to know....

TSD

twiceskunkeddog said:
Also heard that Boeing classes to start right behind that... Probably when the MD 11 guys vacate the BI room.

I wonder if the assignments to the Boeing will go FIFO?

Enquiring minds want to know....

TSD
Is that from a reliable source? I heard no Boeing until Aug.

Semi-reliable...Reliable...and SWAG

Semi-reliable....

Speaking of August, I did hear from a reliable source that the SO schoolhouse is closed until August, with the exception of one class of 4 sometime this summer. But that was a month ago, so it's probably all changed by now.

Now for the pure speculation on my part, IF they're going to bypass SOs and let the FOs bid off the Boeing starting in Aug, then they would need to back fill those positions with training starting in June, so that newhires would be finishing up IOE and pushing the Boeing FOs up to the MD 11/Airbus. Then in August they could start backfilling any positions vacated by the upgrading SOs with newhires.

How's that for a run-on sentence!

Keeping the old fingers crossed,

TSD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back