• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx jumpseat article from 9/30 C.A.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you J/S on FedEx? I heard there is a number you have to call to set it up. Surely you can't just wander on the apron over to the cargo area, and there isn't a ticket agent to talk to...

FedEx Phone Number

I've got two numbers; toll free 866-357-5711 and 901-224-5420. There is no menu cue for offline jumpseaters, so I usually use the "people that need assistance with canceling" choice. The first time you fly with them you have to get put into their system, which if I remember right, takes a day or so. That may be why one of the guys got turned down. So, if you've never flown with them and you try to make a reservation same day, they will turn you down. After that first time, I think the min time is two hours prior to departure you have to be listed.

FedEx Jumpseat info

FEDEX
CASS The jumpseat is available to certificated flight deck crewmembers of airlines which are CASS participating and have the capability to send a digital photo. A reservation may be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled flight departure time and it required no later than 2 hours prior to scheduled flight departure time. There is no walk-up jumpseat availability. The offline jumpseat reservation number is available 24 hours per day/7 days per week: (866) 357-5711. Required information will be airline, name, employee number and passport number. Clean, neat, casual attire is allowed: no shorts, T-shirts, or spiked heels. The number of jumpseats available varies by airplane size—two on the B727 and as many as eight on the A300.

Any questions?

offline jumpseater

I hauled my first offline jumpseater in the 727 Friday. We took a UPS guy out of Louisville. I was surprised when he showed up looking for a ride since that is THEIR hub. He said he was going to see granny in MEM and didn't want to wait until 0500 to go. Made sence to me and we were happy to haul him.

A19 said:
I'm getting pretty sick of this! Fed Ex guys will never be denied a jumpseat on my flight, but how much longer are we going to have to put up with this. I can sit in the physical jumpseat of a Delta, United, Continental, and SWA jumpseat to name a few, but I can't on FedEx. In the mean time I've seen FedEx guys given the jumpseat ahead of guys who can receprocate the privalege. Yes I know they're in contract talks but I've been in contract talks before and they never used the jumpseat as a threa
Actually, this is a good thing for the offline jumpseaters. Since all of our jumpseats are booked ahead of time (unlike EVERYONE ELSE in the pax industry), you will have more open seats to get where you're going.

Latest resources

Back