Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Just wondering a few questions on training.

Got told 8-9 weeks for initial training.

Do they pay for your hotel room?
Is there per diem?
What is the pay durining training?
Where is a good place to stay during training?

Any other thoughts would help out.

They do not pay for your hotel room. You may want to find a crash pad with some other classmates and split the rent. Much cheaper then a hotel room every night.

No per diem unless you leave Memphis for sim training.

Pay during training is 1000 bucks a month. Thats BEFORE taxes.

The first day I would just get a hotel room near the airport. The first day of class the instructor will answer most if not all your questions about where to find crash pads, cheap food and beer. Talk to your class mates. Some of them may be local boys and could answer a lot of your questions as well as give you a headsup on what neighborhoods to stay out of.

Oh, bring plenty of flash cards.

One small correction: Training pay is 2000 per month, before taxes.

Thats about 1000 per pay period.

FJ

You may wanna stay away from the beverages till after the checkride. Get ready to drink outta the fire hose. Good luck and welcome aboard!!!

Diesel - My paychecks were about $770 every 1st and 15th. It took me exactly 2 and a half months to finish, but they gave us some time off over the holidays, so you might be a little quicker. I got a hotel room the first night and then another newhire and myself got a two bed, two bath apartment at The Greens At Irene, a complex on a golf course in a decent area. $707 per month with a FedEx discount. Decent gym and cheap golf during the week(good for sitting night reserve). We moved two of our buddies in after training in order to lower the bills.

You will see ads on the bulleting board in the break room where you do your indoc advertising rooms for rent as well.

Welcome aboard and pm me in you need more info.

Well that's a wakeup call. Thanks for all the info.

Anybody know of any single apartments or rooms that are cheaper?

There are plenty of crashpad announcements on the bulletin board in the ops center that range from 300 to 400 per month. Those won't be single rooms or apts, but they will be places to crash during training if that is all you need. Most guys are able to find a crashpad within the first week of training, and sharing a place with a classmate obviously cuts the bills.

Good luck and enjoy the training.

FJ

Diesel,

Any chance you could let all of us FEDEX wannabe's know what PIC turbine time it is taking to get in at FEDEX?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back