Fedex hub move

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

greygoose

I heard that Fedex is thinking about moving its hub to IND, has anyone heard of this or is it another rumor?

Yeah right. The Air National Guard is moving to give us more ramp space at MEM. They are thinking about adding another runway in MEM. MEM already has three or four times more ramp space then IND. Lets close MEM and move all our sort to one place, IND. Sounds good to me. Plus deadheading out of IND would be great.We already have a large sort operation in IND. Could you mean we are increasing it? Which I beleive we are increasing our IND ops. But there are there are three things for certain in life; death, taxes, and FedEx will have a hub in MEM.

That rumor has been going around since 1995. I lived in Indy then and the plan was for IND to expand two fold. FEDEX was rumored to move more of their sorting there. That obviously never happened. It makes a great rumor though.

I thought that the city in Indianapolis was moving the route of the existing expressway thar runs along our hub. I thought FedEx owned the land on the other side and in the airport expansion plan it calls for the city to move it to make more room for FedEx.

Should be pretty easy to verify, but I am lazy

Mr Zog said:
Yeah right. The Air National Guard is moving to give us more ramp space at MEM. They are thinking about adding another runway in MEM. MEM already has three or four times more ramp space then IND. Lets close MEM and move all our sort to one place, IND. Sounds good to me. Plus deadheading out of IND would be great.We already have a large sort operation in IND. Could you mean we are increasing it? Which I beleive we are increasing our IND ops. But there are there are three things for certain in life; death, taxes, and FedEx will have a hub in MEM.

If I had to fly with this guy, I'd seriously consider talking to the packages. There are three things for certain in life; death, taxes, and Mr. Zog's huge ego.

is FedEx still interested in Greensboro, NC (GSO)?

Ok, I got this from a limo driver in IND during a layover, so you know it has to be true...

IND will be the A-380 hub/international hub. They are moving the expressway on the south side to make room for the monster.

The ANG ramp in MEM is mvoing to the other side of the field so FedEx can expand the ramp there.
So, yeah, IND is expanding. But the main vortex will remain in Elvis' backyard.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back