Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Los1

NKAWTG....Nobody!!
Went last night to a meeting in EWR with Dave Webb (Fedex Alpa MEC Pres.)
and he talked a little about hiring. Management has informed him that 48 new hires will be broought in Serpt and Oct 04, take peak off, and 300 new hires in next calendar year!!
Good luck to all
Los1

no longer stuck on the panel

Looks like guy/gals hired recently will not be stuck on the panel like we were for the past 3 years. Time spent sitting sideways should get back to the normal 8-18 months.

Good luck to all!

Goose17

Double Shot,

I've heard 737-800's, 900's, 757's, A320's, or older model 737's. Who knows. When it's on the ramp and painted purple and orange, I'll believe it.

NightFlyer

Last edited:
Has anyone heard if they are going to keep interviewing thru the remainder of the year, or will they pick it up after the holidays?

Class of 12 started today

According to the company website another class started today at FedEx and there were indeed 12 people in the class. That means that the rumors of 24 per month appear to have been well founded. Let's hope that the classes keep on coming.

Lou: Since the pool is pretty much empty (as far as I know or have heard) I would think that interviews will continue indefinitely. They might slow down over peak but I would think they will resume quickly after the holidays (if indeed they do stop) so that they can continue to fill the 200-300 (hopefully, anyway) new hires needed next year to replace the retirees and keep the new MDs flying.

Hopefully 2005 will be a good hiring year at FedEx.

FJ

Yes a 4 year degree is required.

however I do know of 3 people that have gotten interviews without the degree. 2 were successfull. The other turned down the interview. This was several years ago and needless to say they were all VERY HIGHLY CONNECTED.

If you don't have a degree, a recommendation from a regular pilot is not going to cut it. If you have known Fred, the Vice-president of Flight Ops or the System Chief Pilot since you were a child, I guess anything is possible.

SF3CA

pay question

how many years until your pay breaks the 100K mark? 120k?

thanks

** the reason I ask is because 100K is my income now and I can retire from my job at age 50 with full pension and benefits, and age 50 is 15 years away.

(Not that FedEx is going to hire me, but for discussion purposes I wanted to ask)

thanks

*** maybe at age 50 I will apply to FedEx at THAT time and see if they want an "old guy", with my retirement safely in my pocket :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back