• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Hiring News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4 year 727 Captain is the most junior ive heard.... 757's in GSO would be really sweet!!!!! double DH's = LIMO to and from work...... rock star living!!!!

4 year 727 Captain is the most junior ive heard....

In the past. Track the 72 captains, and you'll see that less and less of them are jumping off. I've been here 5 years, and I'm still almost 200 numbers away. I'd say more like 7 years.

A new widebody captain slot doesn't mean a new narrow-body captain slot. More and more new widebody PIC's are coming from the right seats. The 72 is becoming a "niche" aircraft.

Widebody time to make captain is going to keep plummeting - I'd say 8 years to Airbus / MD captain on the next bid. But 72 - not so much.....

Last edited:
I think the next bid will be very interesting. I'm curious to see if 727 Capts and FO's are willing to bid the 757 even though there is no pay increase plus a 2-3 month training event. 757 could go pretty junior? What do you guys think?

I'd bid out of the Mad Dog to do 75's at GSO....I think.

72 Capt

The most junior 72 Capt employee numbers are in the 450 range which I believe is about 4-5 year range...

Not if it's based in Europe. If it's based in GSO, then it'll go junior.

I've heard that as well, Europe first, then GSO a few years down the road.

Besides guys like Phaedrus bidding down to the 757 because it looks cool.....;)

Does management really want you to make your bid choices with only rumors of where and what the new airplane will do???

I can't wait to see the next SCP rant when no one bids the 757 and a bunch of newhires get it.

FBJ: What would be the source of rant-age if newhires end up in the 757?

Latest resources

Back