Fedex Hiring News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guesses:

The 757 pilots will be based in Memphis. They might operate in Europe, but I doubt the crews will be domiciled there.

GSO will not be a crew domicile. It will be a major hub like Indy.

Your mileage may of course vary.

As far as the junior 72 Captain, there is a pilot going through 727 Captain upgrade training at the 5.5 year mark. Pretty near the end of the current training letter, in the 448XXX seniority range.

FBJ, thanks. Kind of the "get off you arse and fly" rant....I may be slow, but at least I'm slow.

...and it will also be interesting to see what happens to the Airbus crews in Subic when that op moves to China in 2008/2009....???

...will the crew base stay at Subic?...I would think not.

...will those crews "come home" to Memphis?

...any Bus drivers have inside intel?

During Indoc in Aug 06 mgmt told us they didn't think they'd be opening a crew domicile in China, but rather run it like a Pacific SIBA.

They said they were still seriously looking at opening a European crew domicile.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out the next 2-3 yrs...lots of change ahead.

727 Seniority

Huck is right about 727 Captains not moving. I crunched the numbs after the last seat bid and only 30 727 Capts moved up to WB Capt slots when there were a couple hundred slots available. The top 30-40% of that list will not move b4 retirement.

Last year the company did a test of making the Pacific SIBA out of MEM. By the time they DH'ed crews out to Asia, they were used about 4 days, and DH home. Wasn't a great test.

SFS will stay a mx base.

...and it will also be interesting to see what happens to the Airbus crews in Subic when that op moves to China in 2008/2009....???

...will the crew base stay at Subic?...I would think not.

...will those crews "come home" to Memphis?

...any Bus drivers have inside intel?

During Indoc in Aug 06 mgmt told us they didn't think they'd be opening a crew domicile in China, but rather run it like a Pacific SIBA.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out the next 2-3 yrs...lots of change ahead.

They still have no idea what they are going to do with the SFS crews.

Everything changes as of today! Retirement has been moved to age 65, it'll be released 30 Jan.

Source please.

Latest resources

Back