Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Los1

NKAWTG....Nobody!!
Just got back from my wu/pc (training/check)
straight from the standards people..
19 MD-11's (8 Delta, 11 Various)
24 A-300's
approval to hire 500 from the $$ pushers...
good luck
Los1

When?

What time frame was given for these acquisitions and new hires? Is this over the next year or two years? Regardless, this is great news.

was told the 500 is w/in the next year.
my impression is that the aircraft acquisitions need to happen as soon as possible
Los1

Rumors to fuel fire

I have heard numbers such as 700 through the next 2 years. The latest was that these numbers had already been approved by the peanut counters. Supposed to be hiring continuously through Jan 2006.

These are rumors BUT they are consisitent and I keep hearing them from different sources.

To fan the rumor flame more.... Rumor of 200+ retirements this December.... FedEx could be in a world of hurt with manning.

Los,
Are the Eagles going to choke again this year? How is everything at MAFB and ANC.

Mayhap some of the busses are to replace 727's - but still great news....

How can there be 200+ retirements in 1 month.......did you mean by next December total??

A300 to replace the 727? Seems kinda big.

Notice the vacation cancelations in the 727, Airbus and DC-10 for December = every seat this time beside the -11..........

DECEMBER VACATION CANCELLATIONS
FCIF 04-0519 (Admin)

Issued: 10/29/04 1618zSource: Mike P. Suspense:11/30/04Approved:Jim K.Due to staffing needs, the company is requesting voluntary vactioncancellations in the following seats for the December bid month, percontract Section 7.I.2.
* MEM Airbus CAP F/O
* MEM B-727 CAP F/O S/O
* MEM DC-10 CAP F/O

I am no expert on the contract, but if you retire in December you get paid for all you vacation for the next year (assuming 20 years at FedEx that is 30 days vacation or 180 hours of pay) and I think you also get credit for all your sick bank for the next year. So some crewmembers who turn 60 in July-September may bid the panel (betting they will never go to the line and if they do they will be on vacation or sick) just to get to December and retire then. Added to this, for some of the former "Flying Tigers" it is more advantageous to quit than retire from FedEx (they get some lumpsum or annuity from Flying Tigers). Now 200 in one month sounds very high, but like I said that is just a rumor. I will believe it when I log on the computer one day and see 200 FCIFs.

I think they're talking about the A310's replacing the 727's. I heard that the operating cost are very close and you get more lift capacity. I've been known to be wrong though.

NightFlyer

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back