Fedex Hire class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ViewCola said:
My Nervous wife and the pink hatted Gnome (pictured at left) really need to know what "some glass experience" means..?

these women hate ambiguity.....sorry..

but really do you mean like some 1500 pic CRJ or like 2500 hrs in a 777?

thanks.
I'm not 100% sure what all his time is, but he has glass time in the B757 and B737NG. Hope this info helps. That's all I know.

Malter1 said:
What I'm hearing is that they're hand-picking guys with "Heavy,glass experience, preferrably international". I understand that resume's are being reviewed for said experience (of which I personally have none). There are a ton of guys in the pool with this sort of background so I don't think it should be too tough to find them. The only sticky part being the domicile (to which I'd be all over!). I have dillusions of them going through all of the prospects only to find few takers on ANC. HIGHLY doubtful however.

I wonder how many World Airways and Gemini Air Cargo guys are in the stack.

rdy4to said:
One of the guys I interviewed with got the call today for MD11 ANC. We interviewed Feb 20/21. He's got some glass experience so it looks like they might be hand picking who goes to class first. No call for me yet. Can't wait though.

Looks like that answers the FIFO question....

I have not received a call and Im a heavy/glass/international guy that interviewed early Feb so I guess there is more to it than just that. Maybe that personality test has more weight to it than we thought. I knew I should have answered yes to "have you ever skinned a bear alive?" That question had ANC FO written all over it. Seriously, I dont remember seeing or hearing a questions anywhere on the app or during the interview about glass time. I know for some aircraft its probably obvious, but not the one's I flew, there are all flavors of them out there. Maybe I just forgot they asked the question.

Rumor has it the MD-11 ANC newhire class is going to be initially small...possibly a testing of the purple nugget program. I wouldn't get too caught up in it. We were told (with the bid) pretty much 300 a year for the next couple of years. Since they haven't hired anyone since January, I suspect they are behind and aim to get caught up through the summer.

So on this thread I see only two people who have been called. One "friend of mine" and "a guy I interviewed with"

class of two?

waiting for the call... checking dialtone...is my ringer set on...better turn the volume up...I have got to get a belt clip for this thing....

I'm assuming everyone who interviewed had a sponsor?

For us other poolies bringing the phone everywhere we go and driving family members crazy waiting....

My sponsor has checked up on what's going on, and here's what he's found out...

- Classes are starting to be filled.
- The 1st group of classes will be to fill the MD-11 ANC domicile.
- These will be filled with people with Heavy time, High Total time, and then those with lots of International time.
- Once the MD-11 slots have been filled, they will then go back in the pool and start 727 classes.
- Expect the 1st 727 class in August or September.

I just wanted to let other poolies know that if you don't have time in heavies, or lots of total time, don't expect a call until the end of summer.

Purple Nugget said:
For us other poolies bringing the phone everywhere we go and driving family members crazy waiting....

My sponsor has checked up on what's going on, and here's what he's found out...

- Classes are starting to be filled.
- The 1st group of classes will be to fill the MD-11 ANC domicile.
- These will be filled with people with Heavy time, High Total time, and then those with lots of International time.
- Once the MD-11 slots have been filled, they will then go back in the pool and start 727 classes.
- Expect the 1st 727 class in August or September.

I just wanted to let other poolies know that if you don't have time in heavies, or lots of total time, don't expect a call until the end of summer.

The training letter has room for 4 classes of right seat new hires in Sep and Oct. Maybe some new hires will get to go to the right seat of the Boeing.

Sweet deal. If you are going to be on the bottom for a while you might as well be sitting in a window seat.

FJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back