Fedex Hire class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Malter,
They go off and train on their own. We had sim support for all our sims and checkrides. "Sim support" = a qualified FO and Capt who are flex instructors. I understand the the FO's and Capt's going through training will sometimes train as crews, but not with a SO. Hope that helps and congrats to all the poolies getting ready to dry off.

Thanks 1stCivDiv, That's exactly what I was looking for.........

Started swimmin' this week. Looking at the posts, looks like you'll know your equipment before you start class. Is that the norm? What about domicile? I had heard selection was by last 4 of your SSN; is that from 0xxx to 9xxx or 9xxx to 0xxx? Any info appreciated...

Unless they tell you ahead of time that all the slots are a particular domicile and equipment you won't know until you get into class what is available. Sometime during the first week you will have a class "bid" by seniority if there are any choices. Seniority is by your last four, the higher the number the more senior you will be. 9999 would be number 1, 0001 would be the caboose.

FJ

Last edited:
Balut said:
Started swimmin' this week. Looking at the posts, looks like you'll know your equipment before you start class. Is that the norm? What about domicile? I had heard selection was by last 4 of your SSN; is that from 0xxx to 9xxx or 9xxx to 0xxx? Any info appreciated...

Class seniority is 9xxx to 0xxx. NORMALLY, you pick equipment and domicile after you start indoc.

One of the guys I interviewed with got the call today for MD11 ANC. We interviewed Feb 20/21. He's got some glass experience so it looks like they might be hand picking who goes to class first. No call for me yet. Can't wait though.

rdy4to said:
One of the guys I interviewed with got the call today for MD11 ANC. We interviewed Feb 20/21. He's got some glass experience so it looks like they might be hand picking who goes to class first. No call for me yet. Can't wait though.

My Nervous wife and the pink hatted Gnome (pictured at left) really need to know what "some glass experience" means..?

these women hate ambiguity.....sorry..

but really do you mean like some 1500 pic CRJ or like 2500 hrs in a 777?

thanks.

Last edited:
What I'm hearing is that they're hand-picking guys with "Heavy,glass experience, preferrably international". I understand that resume's are being reviewed for said experience (of which I personally have none). There are a ton of guys in the pool with this sort of background so I don't think it should be too tough to find them. The only sticky part being the domicile (to which I'd be all over!). I have dillusions of them going through all of the prospects only to find few takers on ANC. HIGHLY doubtful however.

Anybody know how many more they are going to hire this year? I'm just beginning to go down the pipeline for the m&g process... I've got dreams of being outta here by the end of the year.. hope those are good haha.

Congrats to those getting the call! :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back