FedEx - FEX Written Current?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATA73Pilot

Does anyone know if FedEx requires the FEX Written Currency to be within the previous 24 months of taking the test. Or is it considered current if taken and then continuously employed by a Part 121 Carrier?

Thanks....

within 24 months

While it is legally "current" per FAR's if you've been continuously employed by a 121 carrier, they still require the test to have been taken within the last 24 months. The only exception would be if you have an actual FE certificate.

Thanks....I figured as much. Do you know if they will still call for an interview if not "current" on the FEX Written per FedEx's requirements?

It needs to listed as "current" on your profile form otherwise you would show as not meeting the basic requirements. That being said, as long as you show up to the interview/class date with a current (by their definition) FE written, no one would have any heartache. The simplest solution is to just bite the bullet and get it done ASAP. In the meantime, I would certainly put a profile form in and keep the press on with any potential sponsors.

extention from the FSDO...

hoya saxa said:
While it is legally "current" per FAR's if you've been continuously employed by a 121 carrier, they still require the test to have been taken within the last 24 months. The only exception would be if you have an actual FE certificate.
This is correct if you take the written results by the FSDO and get an extention. It is my understanding that if you do not stop by the FSDO before the expiration date, then it is expired and you must retake the test. I have never seen anything written about that. Does anyone have the reference?

Jeff Helgeson said:
This is correct if you take the written results by the FSDO and get an extention. It is my understanding that if you do not stop by the FSDO before the expiration date, then it is expired and you must retake the test. I have never seen anything written about that. Does anyone have the reference?

I'm not sure about a FSDO extension for the FEw. However, the ATP written has the same "employed by a Part 121 carrier" provision as the FEw, and I took my ATP practical test with an ATP written that was 4 years old, without any kind of extension from any FSDO. No problems.

I had the same question about meeting the FedEx FEw requirements a few weeks ago when I was doing my app, everyone seemed to suggest it needs to be taken within 24 months.

FE Written

While it is true the Fe Written is legal per the FAR's if you are employed by a 121 carrier, FredEx wants you to retake it so it is within a 24 month period. I was told, and this is by no means flamebait, that it is not fair to the Military types to have to retake and not the civilian types. Whatever, it is not a big issue just study the crap and take the test.

Besides, you will never use 80% of the crap that is on the test. I hardly ever post, however, I have seen this question too many times!!! Just take the test if you want the job.. Otherwise rely on old test scores and stay where you are!!! Happy new year...

Latest resources

Back