• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Feeders?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bling your just feeling a little nostalgic. The reality is the F is an old stinky aircraft that has no benefit of an A/P. But what the hell am I talkin about I love this plane. Very rarely does it break, when it does you throw parts at it and away you go. The F is truly in a realm of its own when it comes to genuine character. It flies great, goes through the weather and ice without blinking and at the end of each flight you have to earn every smooth landing. :)

Who wouldn't get a kick out of freight doggin in this old bird?

I must admit I've seen the F flip its middle finger at more than one insane load of ice. I'm also amazed at what a conversation starter my F27 type rating is.

Bling, come to PHX and join the fun! Worm, whatya up to these days?

That's true. In the ATR if you have a speck of ice and or wind you have to add a ton of landing speed, a knot for every accident I think it is. All you are really doing is giving away precious runway. It's cool when I jumpseat and the old salt Captain sees my F type and it's an instant bond. RJ and T-prop guys are a dime a dozen but there are only a handfull of Friendshipers.

I must admit I've seen the F flip its middle finger at more than one insane load of ice. I'm also amazed at what a conversation starter my F27 type rating is.

Bling, come to PHX and join the fun! Worm, whatya up to these days?

I thought it said come to PHX and eat the worm. I'm trying to get there, really, really trying. I want to be one of Herb's children.

i remeber i was doing a test flight on an f one time with the mechanic in the jumpseat and all we were doing was touck and goes and not a one was smooth.after about the third one the mechanic asked if i knew how to land and i told him that is as good as it gets. as far as what i am up to. a whole lot of nothing. just found out that i destroyed my knee and might have to have surgery on it. othe than that keeping it real.

Latest resources

Back