• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Feeders Why!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airline pilots are a lot like the hookers on that HBO show, Atlantic Street Hookers. All the hoes are calling all the other hoes hoes because they think their style of hoing is better than the other hoes. It's amazing how much we blame others for what happens to ourselves. Point being that we all have pimps to serve. Its just that some pimps treat their hoes better than others.

Last edited:
Airline pilots are a lot like the hookers on that HBO show, Atlantic Street Hookers. All the hoes are calling all the other hoes hoes because they think their style of hoing is better than the other hoes. It's amazing how much we blame others for what happens to ourselves. Point being that we all have pimps to serve. Its just that some pimps treat their hoes better than others.

Who you callin' a hoe?

Hoe!

CE

It's Christmas, HO! HO! HO! For you sensitive types, Happy Holidays! I hope I get a teddy bear named Muhamad.

Why? Because the pirates that run these companies find pilots that are willing to work for coolie wages. If you want to find who's at fault, look in the mirror.

You're right. When I look in the mirror I see a guy whoes at fault for every thing in the industry. I also see a guy that no matter how poorly he is treated or low his wage is will do everything in his power to conduct a safe and legal flight. A professional.

Mot transport might be a member of management. If you are, “my paycheck is not enough”. If you are not, check the regionals first year pay and then check if they work the same hours we do, have weekends off, and all the holidays too. I will be home for Christmas week. Any first year regional guys out there have their holidays off?

Getting holidays off has more to do with your base being properly staffed and its run vs. seniority. If you have enough pilots at your base then great, someone has to be off. But if your base is short then chances are each base member will be flying (unless someone used vacation) irregardless of how long you've been here.

Feeder pay is low. If you are familiar with the feeders, you know how they operate.
They are not scabs, just sub contractors. I work for one of the major cargo companies, and speaking for me I don't really want to operate the under 100K# aircraft anymore (I think the contract cap is for even smaller A/C).
I spent almost 6 years flying for one of the feeders. It was one of the most fun, and at the same time frustrating experiences I ever had.
If you want to truly learn how to fly an airplane, spend a November with a feeder in an old F in SE Alaska. For that your pay is truly too low.
The thing with the Feeders, especially on the 121 side, it is designed as a time building job. The pay is low, but better than flying a Metro, or a Brasilia for Ameriflight (At least for me it was, better pay, better flying).
The companies say the pay is right on par with the average TProp operators, but whos still operating TProps? Other than Horizon, theres no good companies operating them in the Lower 48. As a result, the company throws the Horizon guys out of the survey, and averages the rest of the group and Voila a salary survey.
Just my .02 and I miss you guys, especially you Blingair.

F&B

Getting holidays off has more to do with your base being properly staffed and its run vs. seniority. If you have enough pilots at your base then great, someone has to be off. But if your base is short then chances are each base member will be flying (unless someone used vacation) irregardless of how long you've been here.

I hope you are only talking about my week off for Chrismas, because we all get ALL other holidays, plus weekends. Did you fly on Thanksgiving day? What about 12/25 or 01/01 coming soon?

Latest resources

Back