Fedex feeders in AFW

tk855

Total Time
3000+
Who flies into AFW as fedex feeders? As I drove by today it looked like there were ATR's and Caravan's on the ramp.

tk

tk855

Total Time
3000+
Thanks. Do they base any pilots there or is it just an outstation for them?

freight dork

Total Time
actually I just heard that empire will be basing a crew in AFW for the fokker/ATR, i'm sure that nobody in the company will want to move there so they will be hiring for the positions, if interested you should send your stuff in immediately.

tk855

Total Time
3000+
Thank you for the heads up. Will Empire accept resumes for positions they aren't currently advertising for?

tsky

Hello Newman!
Total Time
4000+
Empire is indeed starting a crew base in AFW for the F-27. Currently we have two F-27 that fly into AFW-one from ICT and the other from MAF. The AFW based crew will be for a hot spare based there. If you are interested I would definitly apply because they will probably be hiring into that base.

tk855

Total Time
3000+
Thanks for the info guys, I sent in my resume Thursday night. Is there any talk of basing some ATR's in AFW? What is the pay for a F27/ATR42 First Officer? Is AFW or the Texas flying for that matter very senior? AFW would be perfect for me as I would have at most a 5 minute drive to work.

tk

Last edited:

tsky

Hello Newman!
Total Time
4000+
tk855 said:
Thanks for the info guys, I sent in my resume Thursday night. Is there any talk of basing some ATR's in AFW? What is the pay for a F27/ATR42 First Officer? Is AFW or the Texas flying for that matter very senior? AFW would be perfect for me as I would have at most a 5 minute drive to work.

tk

Right now only F-27s will be based in AFW. The hope is that someday(a year of two out) that they would be replaced by ATRs. If you want to you can PM me for more info.

thunderworm

the Hoff
Total Time
tysk is stuck in mso haha

thunderworm

the Hoff
Total Time
oh yaeh tsky will be in anc too ha ha

ATRCAPT

Livin' the...dream?
Total Time
15Kish
I'm stuck in the Spokane vortex, and can't get out. By the way, Thunderworm, your picture on the wall in COE looks like a mushot. I believe the charge was molestation of a dead animal, was it not?

fokkers&beer

The dude abides.
Total Time
dunno
Just doing the YVR shuffle. Just turned in my notice, 3 legs left as a T-Prop Captain, and no more Burritoes.

Kick A$$!

tk855

Total Time
3000+
fokkers&beer said:
Just turned in my notice, 3 legs left as a T-Prop Captain, and no more Burritoes.

Kick A$$!

Are you on to bigger and better?

thunderworm

the Hoff
Total Time
that was when i was still running with the skin heads in hayden. also could have been how excited i was to be there at 800 to sit all day in a class room as such. i would like to thank fokkers&beer for making sure i will get no time off in august.

tsky

Hello Newman!
Total Time
4000+
fokkers&beer said:
Just doing the YVR shuffle. Just turned in my notice, 3 legs left as a T-Prop Captain, and no more Burritoes.

Kick A$$!

How bout one last bout with rasco chicken and waffles?

fokkers&beer

The dude abides.
Total Time
dunno
Feeders are fun. Welcome to the world of no time off young thunderworm. I truly wish I had one more trip in SE to say goodbye to everyone, tell them for me.

Two legs left.