• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NuGuy

Ex-Commuter
Hi all,

Heard that FedEx blew out all their tires on the runway in FLL, and now they are showing 3 hour delays into there. Anyone have any idea what happened?

Best,
Nu

Bad tires?

For once it would be nice to hear initially it was a maintenance problem - not aircrew related!

Hopefully they can blame the RTO on MX (underpaid and understaffed) and the company for buying cheap retreads!!

I knew some of the FedEx aircraft had some age on them....but a DC-3, wow! I knew some mods could be made for extra weight, but 8 tires, isn't that a little much. I bet to carry more cargo you guys don't even have a flight director on that thing.

Last edited:
Corrected

The blown tires were on landing , not takeoff. And the DC-3 was on a different runway, different problem, and NOT a FedEx aircraft - But it wouldn't surprise me if management wanted us to fly them!!

Sh!t happens to the best of them.

Re: Corrected

sandman2122 said:
And the DC-3 was on a different runway, different problem, and NOT a FedEx aircraft - But it wouldn't surprise me if management wanted us to fly them!!
Actually, I believe they'd prefer the feeders fly them - - that's why their openers includes a request to increase the MTOGW for the Scope clause.

Any Bus drivers care to explain what a "In-Flight Alternate Braking Operational Check" is all about??? Sounds like Maintenance asked these guys to do one enroute to FLL.

Also, all the reports I find say the airplane blew "all 8 tires" upon landing. I thought there were 10 - - am I missing something?

Sorry I missed the part of the different runway and aircraft. MIA Center had made a comment about it being the same aircraft all day while enroute. I'm now up to speed, please proceed with your normanl lives.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Corrected

TonyC said:
. . . Any Bus drivers care to explain what a "In-Flight Alternate Braking Operational Check" is all about??? Sounds like Maintenance asked these guys to do one enroute to FLL. . .

Typed on the thing, been flying it for years now, and this one is news to me.

Beats Me!

I've been flying it for years now and have yet to hear what "inflight check" they're talking about - but I've also yet to take the plastic off my manuals too!:p

It was their 8 main tires, the A319/320 only has 4 mains - btw, we don't fly the little buses, just the A300/310's.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back