• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Corporate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You chumps dont get it. someone comes on this board asking about affirmative action and you all come out of the wood work yelling about discrimination and only the most qualified should get the job. A company bypasses the most qualified and go strictly on recomendations from friends and thats cool. It's aviation. I will say it again. Hypocrites!

Captain Zero,

I have two points I'd like you to consider:

1) You mean to tell us that with 3200 hrs and 3 types, no one has ever
done anything to help you out in this industry? No letters of Recc? No
"heads up " on a possible opening? No one ever took the time to mentor
you along and show you the ropes??? No one gave you your first chance
in the right seat of a King Air or Citation.??

Somewhere along the line we've all had a little help. Networking exists everywhere, not just in aviation.

2) I highly doubt you would walk into any interview, airline or corporate,
and accuse the company of not hiring the most qualified applicants. Our
company (F150 flt dept.) receives hundreds of resumes every year and I
can tell you with out a doubt we have the choice of some extremely well
qualified people from all backgrounds as I'm certain FDX Corporate does.
And if those applicants happen to come with an internal recc. so be it. These
companies trust the captains with a multimillion dollar asset every time
they fly, I'm sure they can trust their reccomendations for potential new
hires.

Trust me on this friend, Resumes and Reccomendations get you the interview after that it is up to the applicant to get the job.

Best of luck to you

Last edited:
mercury, every thing you say is correct and I agree. So why don't you answer the question then that when women and minorities get an interview they are not as qualified as wasp are. You don't see the hypocrisy. Using your own words, resumes and recommendations only get you the interview, the rest is up to you. i am out on the subjest. Just remember when someone post on these boards about AA taking their jobs, you can retort about letters of rec helped them get the interview and it was their interviewing ability that got them the job. I used the word meritocracy to make a point and some clueless wonders on the board said there is no such thing in aviation. Look at the post where AA is brougt up and I am told only the most qualified should get the job. No old boys network, no AA, no who you know. Yea right. I accepted all the help I could get and have returned it in spades because that is how the game is played in the corporate world.

CaptainZero,

Thanks for the reply. Now that I have had the chance to sit on the other side of the hiring table, I can tell you that a lot of the AA/EOE stuff comes directly from the HR department and unfortunately they dont think the flt dept. is any different than the widget makers. Not much I can do to change the corporate policy on that one. Not saying its right, but we do have to abide by it. gotta run have a great day!

HEY BOYS, i THOUGHT AVIATION WAS A MERITOCRACY. oNLY THE MOST QUALIFIED SHOULD GET THE JOB RIGHT? nO WHO YOU KNOW. HYPOCRITES!

For what it's worth, I think you will find the FedEx corp dept has very highly qualified pilots. A department like it gets hundreds of apps a month so there is no reason to higher anyone but the most qualified candidates.

For what it's worth, I think you will find the FedEx corp dept has very highly qualified pilots. A department like it gets hundreds of apps a month so there is no reason to higher anyone but the most qualified candidates.

And I don't suppose you need to spell either........just know old Fred on the inside;) ..........onl in America, bro!

Little bit bitter are we? Yeah never was great at english. Maybe you would be a better english teacher than you are a pilot. ( Bet your the guy that always says BLOCKED on the radio ). YSFW

Flat Spot.....I know....that you know....that it's who you know...in order to get an interview for corp. fedex. Been there done that and got the t-shirt

Now tw you didn't know anyone when you got hired. haha
My point is that it's not just being in the know ( show me a job in aviation that this isn't a requirement ) there is still an interview process and if you can't pass that then it doesn't matter who you know.

Latest resources

Back