Fedex Corporate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Problow

Did a lazy search and did not find anything quickly. Does anyone have any info on the corporate side of fedex. QOL, pay, bennies, duty days, upgrade and aircraft. Thanks in advance.

I don't know what all you need to know, but this is what I know....

They have 4 bases - MEM, HRO, PIT, DAL. The majority of the operation is based in MEM. They have a Global Express, 3 Challengers (601), and 7 Learjet 45's. The Global, Challengers, and 3 Lears are based in MEM - the outstations have Lears.

Quality of life is excellent...you are salaried to work 16 days per month. Most of those days you will be flying or on standby to fly. But, you also may be in training, traveling (ie-to training), or office duty. Other than those 16 days, you are off...not on telephone alert any of that stuff. If they need a pilot to fill a trip, they may ask you to fly an extra day or two, but they will pay you extra for it. You do not have to accept a trip on your day off.

Pay is not all that great.....It is a little less than industry average, but schedule kind of makes up for that. If you want to make more $$, go fly freight at FedEx. That said, if you want to fly freight, you can cross over from Corporate to the "line" after 3 years if you meet their minimums and they are hiring.

If you get an interview at Corporate, the interview process is the same as the "line." You have to take a sim check, do testing, and the panel interview. The panel interview will include HR, a line Capt, and the Corporate Aviation Chief Pilot. It's a pain in the arse, but worth it if you get the job offer.

PM me if you have other questions.....

I have a friend who works there now. The long and short of it is, It's EXTREMELY political and absolutely WHO you know.

I live in Memphis and I have to agree with rthepilot. I know the CP very well and tried to get hired a few months ago. He told me I would have to get a executive referal to just get a interview. It was bad enough when I trained a pilot over 8 years ago get a job. His father is a MD-11 Captain.
I still think you need to apply.

C5 MEM

Gosh, I don't think the new pope had to go through that process to get hired. What is up with aviation?

HEY BOYS, i THOUGHT AVIATION WAS A MERITOCRACY. oNLY THE MOST QUALIFIED SHOULD GET THE JOB RIGHT? nO WHO YOU KNOW. HYPOCRITES!

I agree with badlander.....DORK

Since when has aviation been a meritocracy??? Unions did away with that years ago with their seniority system!

it's not who you know it's who you blow. that's that gigantic sucking noise you hear in memphis.

Latest resources

Back