• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Corp...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you think they'd let me fly it so I can get my landing currency up to date?

If I were king, training would own a Beechjet or Lear or something, and everyone would get a couple of hours of T & G every six months - FE's included.

If this was a military unit, and the six bad things that have happened to us (five of them on landing) had happened, we'd be out working on touch & goes....

How do FE's stay current on "actual" flying? Or they just don't? Hearing that there are guys who sat on the panel 5 yrs, I would guess you'd pretty much have to start learning to fly over again after a 5 yr span of plumbing? :D

As a flight engineer it's up to you if you want to stay current. I did a little bit of flying in a 152 for fun but I didn't keep my instrument currency up. I was on the panel for two years and there was a guy in my MD11 class that hadn't flown in over five years and neither one of us had a problem. It was just like riding a bike.

NightFlyer

I've heard of FE's writing off the rental of a GA aircraft for currency's sake. I've never tried it, though.

I got three landings in a v-tail Bonanza over Christmas - a plane I was part owner in until my current vow of poverty. First time in a front seat in 18 months. I greased it on all three times - almost made me weep. It never leaves you, I guess.

Taxes. . .

Yeah, you can write off anything on your taxes. . . . until you get caught.

Have you ever sat down and read the IRS income tax book? It has quite a different opinion on alot of things that I hear guys "writing off" their taxes. . . (like the "wrist watch" writeoff)

But hey, you only have a less than 2% chance of getting caught, right??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back