• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
backflip,

You got me doing backflips knowing I'm one spot closer to a class date. :D

Good luck at JB and enjoy the flying!

BF,

I love FedEx, and it was the right (albeit) tough call for me back in 2002.

You, on the other hand, have an ID in hand and a year on the property at a growing company where you are happy. I think you made a solid choice, and I wish you the very best.

You may just look like a genius in ten years. If in 10 years JB has gone belly up, you'll have still had fun on the way, made some decent money, and will likely have 5000-10000 PIC turbine hours. You'll find another job. Plenty of USAir and TWA guys can tell you how to start over at 45. Don't live paycheck to paycheck and you'll be fine in any outcome. Hopefully your biggest choice will be whether to retire at 45, 50, or 55.

In any case--thanks for sharing your choice and good luck!

backflip, good luck with your career at JB.

Never look back and think; "woulda, coulda, shoulda".

Tough decision, but you made it. Both were right answers.

Good luck.

Goose17

Backflip,
It was a hard decision, but you made it. From now on, you'll have to look forward and no matter what happens in the futur, TRY to not look back. I remember and old pilot one day telling me: "Ya know son, your carreer ain't finish untill it's behind you".
I am sure, you and I and all off us will have to go trought the many ups and downs ahead, but you'll have to be strong and keep in mind that when you made your mind for a job, this was the best decision at the time, knowing what you knew.
Best of luck to you.

backflip,
You made the right decision for you, and that's the important thing. I'm sure there are many who wish they were in your position of having a choice...I really don't think you can go wrong either way...again, you did what's best for you and your family.

And the other poolies and me thank you for giving us the opportunity to get to class that much sooner :D

Good luck and fly safe!

P3tb

Tough Decisions

It's hard making those tough tough decisions. For example: Should I stay in the Back of the 10, or go to the right seat of the 727?

10: Goods:Better trips, longer layovers, fewer legs.
Bads: Not Flying, I'm the B-I-A-T-C-H.

727 Bads: Lots of AM out-and-Backs, Multiple Legs, LOUD plane.
GOODS:ALBIE would be my B-I-A-T-C-H!!!!! ;)

Latest resources

Back