FedEx caravan job, Milwackee, $32,750.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
You know what, that one came up for bid several times over the last year, but not recently.

The company does it's best to try to hire people to fit the jobs, IE: if you live in the town and you happen to be under the advertised mins, but have good references...you got the job.

I'd say if you are interested...send a resume in with a cover letter expressing an interest. They will call you when a position opens opens up and it has been bid and no one takes it.

You have to remember, unless someone really wants to move at their own expense, the bidding process is just a formality so they don't wind up hiring someone and getting a call from some ticked off pilot that may have wanted to move to that job.

Yes, there is a guy that wants to take the ESC run and move at his own expense, but that situation is very rare.

If you live in the FSD area, I'd let them know you are interested. If you look good to them, they may just hire you as a FSD floater, just to bring you on till something opens up that you can bid on. I'm not promising anything, but you never know till you try!

In theory, if they hire you as an FSD floater...you could float throughout the system.

Good luck and don't hesitate to let me know if you need any more information.

Ooooops...I just looked at the time you posted in your specs? 125? I'm assuming if you are asking, that that isn't your real time. You got to be close to the mins...not dead on, but at least close.
No, that's my correct time, I just started the IFR course and should be finished with IFR/COMM/ME/CFI/CFII/MEI within the next six months. I've finally saved enough ca$h to start seriously training and I'm only "gearjamming' part time...

I was asking more for future reference since I think I'd like to try to get into "Feeder" Ops after I get the required times....I'm 31 now, and I just don't think that I'd "fit in" at a regional by the time I'd have competitive times...I was interested in FSD because I'm originally from a small town in SD and would perhaps like to return there (IF I can forget those $hitty winters!!) if it would mean a decent job.

I thank you because until now I didn't know who did feeder ops in that area....jeese, first the "corrugated paper" thing and now this!:D

sqwkvfr said:
No, that's my correct time, I just started the IFR course and should be finished with IFR/COMM/ME/CFI/CFII/MEI within the next six months. I've finally saved enough ca$h to start seriously training and I'm only "gearjamming' part time...

I was asking more for future reference since I think I'd like to try to get into "Feeder" Ops after I get the required times....I'm 31 now, and I just don't think that I'd "fit in" at a regional by the time I'd have competitive times...I was interested in FSD because I'm originally from a small town in SD and would perhaps like to return there (IF I can forget those $hitty winters!!) if it would mean a decent job.

I thank you because until now I didn't know who did feeder ops in that area....jeese, first the "corrugated paper" thing and now this!:D
Hahaha :)

Keep plugging. To tell you the truth, I would have never thought I would have a job like I do now, when I started out to get into professional aviation.

It can be pretty boring most of the time, but that is offset by the stability and the schedule. Which pretty much will dictate boredom...oh well?

I never did the apartment thing...I'm based at the host city...so I go home at the end of a work day. But then again, this is why the company sought me out for the job...I lived near MKE and nobody wanted to move there. They like to find people that fit the position. Living near where the run is half the battle. Not saying they wont hire someone willing to move to a location...but they are looking for happy campers.

I got this job due to the fact that I placed a "portion" of a resume on AEPS's website back when they were offering a 10 day free trial period. The deal was that you could look at the jobs database for free, once you completed all the data fields of their crazy insane application. Evidently, I couldn't remember how many hours I had in a powder blue colored C-172 or how many hours I had in a Katana with the landing light on, so I couldn't access the jobs data bank and pretty much forgot about the "FREE" offer.

I had two pretty good job interviews lined up on my own (I know, because after I cancelled the interviews, they called me back to reconsider) and this feeder operation calls me at home out of the clear blue, explaining the particular freight run and the schedule. I couldn't cancel them other interviews fast enough. The rest is history.

Good luck and keep working at your ratings and your flight times.

IP076 said:
Hey,

How's the schedule work out? Just fly down in the evening and back in the morning? They have a pad for you at MKE or what? How long are you typically at MKE?

Thanks for the info!
It depends on the run, but basically you fly into MKE in the evening on monday. Leaving about 6 to 7 pm from your outbase. Most of these outbases are about an hour and a tenth away from milwaukee...so you get on the ramp around 7 to 8 pm. You tie your plane down and head to the appartments. They usually put two to an appartment. There are company cars for the guys to use.

Then, in the morning, it's 5:30 to 5:40 am show times. Get your weather, drink some coffee, get called out to your plane by the ramp, watch em load the freight and off you go. A lot of the jobs have the duty time clock running all night, with rest being scheduled at home during the day. Other positions have the rest scheduled at night. Depends on the run...and of course all that is subject to change.

Some of these are four day jobs, with stand by on fridays. Most are 5 day a week jobs with the work week ending on saturday, back at your out base.

We have one mke based pilot that flies to IMT in the morning, drops freight and then returns right back to MKE deadhead. He's back at his house by 11:00 am. This is a 5 day a week job...salary is based on years of service, not miles or hobbs meter.

Another of the runs uses three caravans and is based in ohio. They start on in the evening and are back at the base by 10 pm or so. This is monday through friday two leg trip. I doubt these guys are on the clock for more than 5.5 hours, four days a week.

We don't do adhoc, so usually when you punch out, you go home.

Last edited:
Also, I think we just had a second position open up. Looks like its based in IMT.

If you like small town living and don't mind living in a state that prohibits private ownership of title II firearms...there ya go.

mattpilot said:
;) no beef

I was gonna show this to one of the local instructors here ... but i didn't want to give away my forum alias when they read this post... :) .... So i went back and tried to delete my post.. didn't work out so i ended up editing it... which was pointless, because i ended up printing it out anyhow :)

but basically what i said was, i'd love to have a job like that - just to bad i'm missing some 3000 hours :D
I hear ya hoss!

Matt--Quit nailing the chick in your avatar and get out there and build some time! ;) TC

With all the bids going on, it's hard to tell.

Looks like at this time, they are looking for a Pellston Mi pilot, a MKE floater pilot and someone to fill a run down in Columbus OH.

Latest resources

Back