• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex and UPS schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm currently a UPS newhire based in ONT. Right now I'm finishing up a 3 week reserve stint. This is not the norm. Reserve is usaully one on, one off -- or two on, two off. I got screwed on the transition.

Reserve can go senior. Right now guys that have been out here 6-8 months are holding a domestic line. If you're thinking about coming to UPS save up some money. Your first year you can plan on going in the whole about ten grand.

Sure beats starting pay on JB's E190 and living near JFK though.... Although I guess ONT is not much of an improvement - just sunnier weather....

I actually made a lot more my first year at jetblue. But second year pay as a UPS FO is more than an airbus captain at JB.

You can pick up open time at UPS but it's paid at 100% not 150%. You can wait for JA calls that will pay $150 but that comes in spurts. They haven't called me for a JA in a long while.

First year pay is $33.33 an hour so I would imagine your gross would be around $33,000 - $38,000 depending on if you hold a line or not.

Sounds like scheduling is getting plenty of volunteers before they reach your level of seniority. I've been called for JA (ONT FO) probably 10 times in the last 3 weeks or so.

TEN GRAND!!!! Dude, I just got done with my first year and went through about 35,000!!! Maybe that's because I'm still living in my stupid friggin legacy pilot captain's house:rolleyes:

I guess one advantage of never have made any good money at my previous airline jobs is that frugal life is the norm...

I'd say each month while on probation I either broke even or went ~$250-$500 into the red...Then again; I didn't spend any money in uniform, etc...

Overall benefits throughout my career will definitely make it all worth it...

megadeht, what does your schedule consist of over the course of a few months. Thanks

The last few months I did Monday through Thurs. or Friday day trips consisting of one leg a day. A few months before that I had some one or two leg a night night trips that was week on/week off. A few months before that I went to Asia for 12 days then a 7 day trip to Asia. This month I am doing one to two leg day trips as well as a 12 day to Asia.

Keep in mind that a lot of this was trip trading. I check open time every day and I am always looking for better trips. I also pick up open time here and there and I still feel like I am always off.

The last few months I did Monday through Thurs. or Friday day trips consisting of one leg a day. A few months before that I had some one or two leg a night night trips that was week on/week off. A few months before that I went to Asia for 12 days then a 7 day trip to Asia. This month I am doing one to two leg day trips as well as a 12 day to Asia.

Keep in mind that a lot of this was trip trading. I check open time every day and I am always looking for better trips. I also pick up open time here and there and I still feel like I am always off.

What do you get for scheduled days off a month, for reserves and line holders? Thanks.

Latest resources

Back