Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USNFDX

Purple Member
Apparently we have some bargaining power. The company really needed this to expand ANC. So they sweetened the deal....Seems they CAN negotiate when they want to.

It's a good LOA

That's why I'm voting NO!

I'll vote yes if it's in the new contract.

Two years is too long.

Interesting idea....I have to admit I'm not really up to speed with our current situation...

If they don't get the LOA approved does that mean that new hires can't go to ANC?

Or does is just mean that if the LOA doesn't get approved then the new hires will have to pay their own way up there?

It's an important distinction because in the first situation we could have some leverage...in the second we are just screwing the new guys.

USNFDX-
I see what you are saying but;
What if this is part of the negotiating process? The MEC has said that this is good enough to put up for a vote. I am going to have to trust them. Maybe this is part of a "growing the company" deal that the union and the company both agree that's a good thing. We can start hiring in some poolies ASAP (seniority is good for everyone) and show good faith in the health of FedEX.
I have been spewing out the "negotiating committee speaks for me" line for a while...this has met with MEC/Negot Comm. approval.
just stirring the proverbial pot
Fraternally
Carlos
PS I think this is the kind of healthy debate a storng group should always have

my thoughts

The company's original offer was not acceptable. The MEC negotiated what sounds like an acceptable offer. THAT process worked! I am looking at this external of the current contract negotiations. It sounds good for our guys moving to and from ANC.

I will vote yes and hope others do as well. This is why the MEC is putting it up for a vote. If they thought it stunk, they would not put it up for a vote.

This should be a good sign of solidarity for future big votes.
Goose17

i am going with Los1 on this one..he is right..if the negotiating committee speaks for us and they approve of it then we should approve it...simple as that...and it does help out new guys...i am for it..

The reason we didn't get a MOAB is because of this LOA. The current posting is just a stop gap to keep training going until this LOA can be worked out. The MOAB will have 50 Capts and 50 F/Os going to ANC.

But don't vote for it for that reason. If it's a good LOA and your negotiating committee has worked hard to get it right then we need to support them and vote for it.

Like they said at the last meeting, don't get so worked up that you vote with your emotions! Vote based on what's right for the crew force.

I will also vote yes.
Disco

Just curious, but when will the LOA be made "public" (i.e. posted on this website)

And now it's only 50 each to ANC?

It merely references a bunch of sections of the contract, and would be real hard to cut and paste.

Somebody needs to summarize. And I got grass to cut....

It was always 100 pilots to ANC....

And it is posted for all members. But I don't see the need to post it here. If you are a member, you should have gotten an email. Or go to the alpa.org website and sign in.

This might be a smal step to show that we DO want to get this thing done- and if the negociating committee is sending it to us to vote on, that is good enough for me. I don't think they'd throw this out there for us to vote on if it wasn't a good deal.

Los1 said:
USNFDX-
I see what you are saying but;
What if this is part of the negotiating process? The MEC has said that this is good enough to put up for a vote. I am going to have to trust them. Maybe this is part of a "growing the company" deal that the union and the company both agree that's a good thing. We can start hiring in some poolies ASAP (seniority is good for everyone) and show good faith in the health of FedEX.
I have been spewing out the "negotiating committee speaks for me" line for a while...this has met with MEC/Negot Comm. approval.
just stirring the proverbial pot
Fraternally
Carlos
PS I think this is the kind of healthy debate a storng group should always have

Los1

What you and others say makes a lot of sense. If the MEC is endorsing it, I will be unified and vote yes!

It just seems like we have some leverage here.

something to consider.

Great now I'm being wish-washy......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back