Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CaptainMark said:
.......how is the water in the pool?
Howdy skipper. It would be a lot mo betta if there were a little intel on the street regarding what to expect but it's eerily quiet.........

CaptainMark said:
how is the water in the pool?

It's starting to get lukewarm. It still feels pretty darn good to be swimming around in it though!! We need some good rumours to warm it up again!!

latest news on the dvd i just watched is that we are hiring 700-900 pilots in the next few years to handle the 60 widebodies that are coming...electronic flight bag also coming as well as the A380...still waiting on the contract though..it will happen! nobody pee in the pool now!

PurpleChimp said:
It would be a lot mo betta if there were a little intel on the street .........

Intel? Never, but I'll do some math...in public, no less.

LOA voting ends April 18th, expect it to pass. Then give the company 5 days to do their math, in private, to figure out where the vacancies need to be. Bid released April 23rd. Open for two weeks...Bid closes May 7. The company will almost instantly know where the new hires will need to go. Classes start two weeks later...Monday, May 22nd.

A more optimistic plan...The company already knows where the vacancies are going, so it releases the bid before the LOA voting is finished, but it closes after. This still allows us to bid knowing if the LOA is approved. Perhaps it closes as early as the 26th(I think that's two weeks from tomorrow). Classes could start as soon as May 8th.

I don't think they'll start classes before the bid closes, since they really don't know where they'll need the new-hires until then. These plans also include two week's notice to start class. Perhaps they would give as little as one, I don't know.

Thoughts, corrections, smart remarks?

New FDX Guy said:
Intel? Never, but I'll do some math...in public, no less.

LOA voting ends April 18th, expect it to pass. Then give the company 5 days to do their math, in private, to figure out where the vacancies need to be. Bid released April 23rd. Open for two weeks...Bid closes May 7. The company will almost instantly know where the new hires will need to go. Classes start two weeks later...Monday, May 22nd.

A more optimistic plan...The company already knows where the vacancies are going, so it releases the bid before the LOA voting is finished, but it closes after. This still allows us to bid knowing if the LOA is approved. Perhaps it closes as early as the 26th(I think that's two weeks from tomorrow). Classes could start as soon as May 8th.

I don't think they'll start classes before the bid closes, since they really don't know where they'll need the new-hires until then. These plans also include two week's notice to start class. Perhaps they would give as little as one, I don't know.

Thoughts, corrections, smart remarks?
Math in public is always a courageous thing. Bid will only be out for 2 weeks vice a month? Is that standard?

Last edited:
No, it's not out. WOT was just being a jacka$$ with his other post. Perhaps the DG can is shrinking his brain.
This mini bid was out for only two weeks. I think it can be that short as long as there aren't Subic spots...any old guys confirm that.

Ponder this too. If the LOA entices enough people to go to ANC, then new hires would mostly go to the back of the 72 and the pool would most-likely be FIFO. If not, then the only guys seeing the early training dates would probably be folks with international, glass and 'larger' airplane experience.

New FDX Guy said:
No, it's not out. WOT was just being a jacka$$ with his other post. Perhaps the DG can is shrinking his brain.
This mini bid was out for only two weeks. I think it can be that short as long as there aren't Subic spots...any old guys confirm that.

Easy, easy, easy!! It was in jest, but I apologize to the poolies...I am sure they are stressing enough without my stupid jokes. I am sure in a year, they will look back and LAUGH! Or not, maybe they will try to punch me in the face. Yeah, probably option 2.

The bid is contractually out for two weeks unless it includes foreign duty assignments, then it has to be out for a month. How's that, and I am not even an "old guy"!

Latest resources

Back