• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Anc Move LOA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing falls off the Boeing! And our rudder works. And we have all the cool cities! And we do the most hand flying...pay us the most!

MAGNUM!! said:
Nothing falls off the Boeing! And our rudder works. And we have all the cool cities! And we do the most hand flying...pay us the most!

stop it..please ...commuter pilots hand fly too...if it's a boeing..i'm not going...well maybe!!!

Last edited:
I listened to Dave Webb the other night in the hub talk about this very issue. Here are my thoughts FWIW...First, this LOA is a good deal for the crew force (as opposed to the previous move package proposed) as it covers all future moves, not just one bid, includes new hires, and "leaves very little on the table". The bid will come out and guys will bid ANC/the company will send folks to ANC with or without a move package, why not benefit the crew force now. I really don't get how this "helps" the company...they are writing the check!. Let's not cut off our noses to spite our faces. This is small potatoes in the big scheme of our contract negotiations. As previously mentioned, section 6 has already been TA'd and this LOA will be included in the conract. If we don't appove it, we may not get it back. The Negotiating Committee is not going to spend any more time on this, and they shouldn't, as they need to focus on the fighting for our cornerstone issues. Second, and more importantly, the Negotiating Committee and the MEC have unanimously endorsed the LOA. I think we send a huge message to the company that we are unified by backing the NC and MEC on this issue. "My Negotiating Committee Speaks for ME" shouldn't just be a bag tag we carry around, we need to back it with action!

Just a thought-

They did the same thing at netjets. The company kept giving and giving. We'll work the money out later was the line. Then when it came down to giving the money and the important stuff the company was able to show the mediator look at all we have given. It was an amazing tactic. It does win points with the mediator.

Bottom line is this, the company wanted something. So they engaged the MEC in negotiations and we negotiated a reasonable deal. This is the kind of thing that we want to happen. We need to support this deal 100% because the NC successfully negotiated it and the MEC recommends it. It will become part of the new contract.

We want the company to get the message loud and clear that the Negotiating Committee "Speaks for Me" and we want them to handle negotiations and we will engage good faith negotiations and not "direct dealing"....send the message that the way to negotiate with us is thru the negotiating committee......if you voted no there is still time to change your vote.

Rejecting a legitimately brokered deal that the NC was able to negotiate and the MEC endorses ....but then saying "My Negotiating Committee speaks for me" is the equivalent of Bashing the way "Americans are murdering innocent Iraqis....then cowardly saying "But I support our troops".

If the Negotiating Committee speaks for you.....then this should be a no brainer. If you send the message that you won't accept the deals that they negotiate, then you are asking for cherry picking and "direct dealing". Furthermore, the sticking point in our negotiations is our core goals......and this wasn't one of them.....This one is a bonus.

--Out

Laughing_Jakal said:
Bottom line is this, the company wanted something. So they engaged the MEC in negotiations and we negotiated a reasonable deal. This is the kind of thing that we want to happen. We need to support this deal 100% because the NC successfully negotiated it and the MEC recommends it. It will become part of the new contract.

We want the company to get the message loud and clear that the Negotiating Committee "Speaks for Me" and we want them to handle negotiations and we will engage good faith negotiations and not "direct dealing"....send the message that the way to negotiate with us is thru the negotiating committee......if you voted no there is still time to change your vote.

Rejecting a legitimately brokered deal that the NC was able to negotiate and the MEC endorses ....but then saying "My Negotiating Committee speaks for me" is the equivalent of Bashing the way "Americans are murdering innocent Iraqis....then cowardly saying "But I support our troops".

If the Negotiating Committee speaks for you.....then this should be a no brainer. If you send the message that you won't accept the deals that they negotiate, then you are asking for cherry picking and "direct dealing". Furthermore, the sticking point in our negotiations is our core goals......and this wasn't one of them.....This one is a bonus.

--Out

Well put. I'll vote yes.

When does the voting end, when will the results be announced? Impact on new hire training dates, anyone?

Thanks.

MsFan said:
When does the voting end, when will the results be announced? Impact on new hire training dates, anyone?

Thanks.

Good questions. Anybody know??

All eligible members should have received balloting instructions for the ANC move LOA last week via e-mail and regular mail. Balloting, which is being conducted by phone and the Internet, will close at 10 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, April 18. Specific balloting instructions as well as the full text of the LOA and a Chairman’s message about the LOA have been posted to the MEC website

from an e-mail....don't know when the results will be posted..the e-mail goes on to say don't vote NO...it is a win for the pilots...how is the water in the pool?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back