• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx 757's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
won't be coming from Delta! Why would they pay all that money to retro-fit all the rest of the 757's to song type entertainment??? What is going to do the trans-con they dont have enough 737-800 and than 767 are all doing inter. plus they just leased I think 10 more from American.

I don't know where they are going to get them but it wont be Delta.

Actually they are going to be getting I believe 3 from Delta here in the next little while. They go away when Delta gets the 12 from AA. Delta is going to be getting rid of some of the older 75's, don't know what they are going to replace them with....good luck on that one! Boeing don't make them no mo, and the 738 isn't quite the same kind of lift! Who Knows....

won't be coming from Delta! Why would they pay all that money to retro-fit all the rest of the 757's to song type entertainment??? What is going to do the trans-con they dont have enough 737-800 and than 767 are all doing inter. plus they just leased I think 10 more from American.

I don't know where they are going to get them but it wont be Delta.

Varig.(they just went BK and are in the process of liquidating--and they do have 757s)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Actually they are going to be getting I believe 3 from Delta here in the next little while. They go away when Delta gets the 12 from AA. Delta is going to be getting rid of some of the older 75's, don't know what they are going to replace them with....good luck on that one! Boeing don't make them no mo, and the 738 isn't quite the same kind of lift! Who Knows....

Expect eventual fleet plans to be mostly if not all Boeing. I have heard 787s (will be ordered upon exit of BK), 777s, and 737s---737-900s, 738s, and 737-700s. The 737-900ER will carry about the same amount as the current 757. Expect a very large order in early April to be announced. There is possible talk of E190s as 100 seaters, but I have heard yes and no on that rumor. We shall see. Expect the large order. Some of the 757s we are getting from AA (ex TWA) were built in 1999, so they are fairly new. They will be around for awhile.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I saw in AW&ST that American was sending 19 757s back to the lessor, which caught my eye - I said hmm... I see where Fedex might get some airplanes.

silliness

OUCH! you're bad...bad.....
when are yall gonna call me? :)

I feel like the guy in that song "how do you like me now?" I am finding out that all the time those guys were calling me a "rat B@srtrd", I was really misinterpreting them and we had a fantastic friendship.

Were ever they come from I'm sure they won't mix and match engines. So I would bet that they will pick an engine and then start looking at who can supply them with the most consistent cockpit. It is very costly to retro fit odd ball A/C.

Jet

you must not know FedEx

Were ever they come from I'm sure they won't mix and match engines. So I would bet that they will pick an engine and then start looking at who can supply them with the most consistent cockpit. It is very costly to retro fit odd ball A/C.

Jet

Mix and match is the FedEx way. We will take anyone's leftovers if the price is right. The most frequent statement in our aircraft regs is; "Some Aircraft".

Goose17

Latest resources

Back