• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fed Ex Pay in Training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hey speedmode when did you do you m&g. the rumor is that they are starting to call people for interviews. i undertsood that there was only two days of m&gs so can't be too long i hope.

SilentBob said:
Smack,

How hard was it to get off site? Can you volunteer or is it assigned?

Thanks,

SB

They'll send you an e-mail asking for your pref's...in order. Depending on the size of the class and sim avalability, it's all seniority and luck of the draw. Guys are going to ANC, ATL, LGB, staying in MEM, and (after Sep 11) FRA. When you start ground school, you'll know if and where you'll be training.

I'll be in ANC for AST's :beer:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Next M&Gs @ FEDEX

thunderworm said:
hey speedmode when did you do you m&g. the rumor is that they are starting to call people for interviews. i undertsood that there was only two days of m&gs so can't be too long i hope.

Word in our new hire indoc today was that M&Gs won't start up again until next year.

They are trying to avoid having such a long overall timeline --- M&G to Interview to Notification in Pool to actual training.

I don't think you will see them intentionally build up the hiring pool so large again (i.e over 200 poolies)

thunderworm said:

First off, thanks guys for the info on the pay in training...looks like I need to start saving a little more than I thought. I'm cool with paying dues, I just needed to find out for planning purposes.

As for the M&G, I did mine at the end of May. I heard two different stories, 1) Interviews wouldn't start up until Jan 2007 and 2) Interviews are already starting up now so I'm really confused now.

The ACP I did my M&G with told me things would start to roll when the contract got signed and a lot of the guys nearing retirement would take the $$$ and run.

Time to start studying again!!!

Paying your dues? I think most people getting hired by FedEx have most likely paid their dues and then some. Does the TA address this issue?

thanks for the info i will talk to my sponsor and find out if he has heard any juicy rumors. did my m&g in june and was told at that time interviews would begin in the fall. wichever month that is? but glad to see they are emptying the pool rapidly.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back