Fed Ex Pay in Training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sppedmode

Can anyone confirm that you are only paid $2000 gross in training for the first 3-4 months until you hit the line. I've heard it from a couple guys that interviewed this year, but, just wanted to know...still waiting for the call after the M&G...thanks

That is correct. I know it sucks, but there is a mentality here of "We've always done it this way, I had to do it this way, so therefor you WILL do it this way". Count on a solid 3 months at 2k/mo and it might even be longer if you are in the MD11/A300 program (due to Intl training etc). About 3/4 of my class did their sims off site (ie- continuous per diem and hotel room) which increased our pay by about 1k for the month of our sim training.

Good luck-
Pappy

Deuce130 said:
Yep, it sucks. So does first year pay. Just try to focus on the future.

Yes, training pay sucks but first year pay (@45k) isn't really that bad compared to A LOT of other places.

It accelerates pretty quickly so suck it for 1 year...you can always put momma back to work:blush:

Arghhhhhh... it really sux. I heard it's around 770 or so every 2 weeks. Plus no hotel for training. Studying in a crash pad can't be the easiest of things.

off aite?

Smack,

How hard was it to get off site? Can you volunteer or is it assigned?

Thanks,

SB

It's all relative...looking at the world through Comair eye-glasses and after spending 40+ hours a week sitting in a cube making software for gov't contractors...and you see things differnetly.

As far as I'm concerned...I HIT THE F*&^%$G LOTTERY!!!!!!! Hell, I'll pay THEM for my training...:nuts:

It's all relative....
:beer:

...for a lucky few...being on terminal leave took out most of the sting...

As everything else in this profession, its all governed by seniority. Half the training slots were in MIA and half in MEM, so being Jan I thought it wise and paired up with the #3 most senior person in class and we were on our way to South Beach during the height of Spring Break!

All the best-
Pappy

SilentBob said:
Smack,

How hard was it to get off site? Can you volunteer or is it assigned?

Thanks,

SB

Latest resources

Back