Fed EX or UPS question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

toolboX

Currently I operate a CRJ as FO and am considering a move to Singapore flying a 747 with a reasonably quick upgrade, 1 year or so. Will I have problems returning to the states for (UPS, FED EX) etc that have US mail contacts, being I was living in a country outside the US
Thanks

Toolbox:

You will have problems with the US mail contract if you live outside the United States. I have a friend who lived outside the US so he could get his PIC Jet time. He got enough time to get looked at by FedEx but my ACP said that he couldn't even interview because he had residency outside the states.

He even kept up a place here but that didn't matter. He was ineligible for an interview.

Good luck with getting the PIC jet time and getting on with your career.

HNF

Straight from the FedEx pilot website:

Ability to obtain clearance from United States Postal Service for handling or access to U.S. mail, which includes FBI fingerprint check, and candidate must have resided in the United States for the last five consecutive years (except for U.S. military assignments)

Looks like you need to stay in the States to be considered...

I'm at UPS and this is the first I've heard of this... still scratching my head as to why it would make a difference. :confused:

Clearly, FedEx hauls the vast majority of US Mail but UPS also hauls mail daily. I know of a number of present UPS pilots that don't reside in the US and I'm sure they have mail on their aircraft on occasion.

BBB

Currently I operate a CRJ as FO and am considering a move to Singapore flying a 747 with a reasonably quick upgrade, 1 year or so

One year from CRJ FO to 747 Captain?
That sounds a little incredible to me. If you can do it, more power to you! Good luck in whatever you decide!

been flying the RJ for over three years, looks like i need to hang in there for the upgrade. thanks everyone for the info

Hey Toolbox.
Please tell us more about the Singapore job. Sounds pretty good to me!
With an opportunity like that, I would go and then see if you really would want to come back to the US for a job at Fedex or UPS. Those are hard to get into whether you have the time, or the residency ,or not. There is life before, and after, US aviation jobs.

And really, I would like to know more about the Singapore job!

Singapore would be a great (but expensive) place to live and build time. You might not want to ever come back from that little slice of heaven.

One year from CRJ FO to 747 Captain?
That sounds a little incredible to me. If you can do it, more power to you! Good luck in whatever you decide!

Yeah If I would've known about that gig...:DSheesh and to think of all that time I wasted as a CRJ Captain.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back