Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rabbit

Hey guys,

I had a few questions for you guys in the know. At the outset, thanks to everyone who can help me find the answers!

1. I know Fed Ex has a requirement to have lived in the U.S for the past five years. I am a U.S. citizen, have a U.S. residence, but commute to work in Asia, where I also have a residence. Is this a problem? Technically, I may have spent more time outside of the U.S. in the past 1.5 years, but I do have a legit address in the States. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me.

2. I already know this is a dumb question, but I couldn't really find an answer to it. Does one need the FE written to apply, or can I apply and get the FE written done later, in the nearish future?

3. If one does need the FE written to apply, does anyone know if it can be taken online or of any places that offer it in Asia?

Thanks again to all who can help. I tried doing a search for this stuff, but didn't come up with what I was looking for.

Cheers,

rabbit

1. I know Fed Ex has a requirement to have lived in the U.S for the past five years. I am a U.S. citizen, have a U.S. residence, but commute to work in Asia, where I also have a residence. Is this a problem? Technically, I may have spent more time outside of the U.S. in the past 1.5 years, but I do have a legit address in the States. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me.

1) I asked the very same question on behalf of a friend at a recent job fair. If you have an address in the US you should be good to go (I talked to John Ryder at FedEx)

2. I already know this is a dumb question, but I couldn't really find an answer to it. Does one need the FE written to apply, or can I apply and get the FE written done later, in the nearish future?

2) Yes, you need it in order to apply – I don’t think the application will even let you proceed if you do not have one (at least UPS online application won’t, I think it even asks when you took it). I believe the same applies to FedEx but I’m not sure.

3. If one does need the FE written to apply, does anyone know if it can be taken online or of any places that offer it in Asia?

3) Haven’t used them myself but heard good things about their program. http://www.loneeagleseminars.com/index.html

There is a link there to some testing sites and I found this information:
“…LaserGrade, with over 1,000 computer-based testing centers across the United States and Canada, plus 30 international sites, is the largest United States owned and operated network in North America…” “..Find a TestingCenter Call LaserGrade Central Registration at 1-800-211-2754 (outside the USA call 1-360-896-9111)…”
Good luck!

PS. What Can Brown Do For You? ;)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Just a short note to say thanks for all the superb info...I sincerely appreciate it!

Thanks again,

rabbit

Latest resources

Back