FE Written

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flydog

Would an ATP holder need to take the FE Turbojet and Basic written or the FE Turbojet Add-On Rating written.

I guess the latter omits the FAR questions and I am under the impression that this is the one and ATP or Commercial certificate holder would take and that the Basic is for non-pilots who wish to become flight engineers

Thanks

Pilot certificate notwithstanding, I am pretty sure you have to take the complete FEJ written if you want to be a flight engineer.

You must take the full written, if you do not hold another flight engineer rating, such as the turboprob FE rating. It's a pretty easy test with a little studying. Good luck.

Sorry,

To add a little more to that. When you get your flight engineer rating, it comes in the form of a completely seperate certificate. I now have three licenses to carry around in addition to my medical: 1. ATP 2. CFI 3. FE

The add-on tests only apply if you already hold a flight engineer certificate, and are adding a second or third rating (there are three; piston, turbopropeller, and turbojet). If you don't hold a flight engineer certificate yet, you must take the basic and the rating specific test.

You can take both separately, but typically today the two are administered together.

Holding an ATP certificate doesn't make any difference, as the flight engineer certificate isn't a pilot certificate. One need not have any other FAA certificate, prior to applying for a FE certificate. The FE certificate initial qualification requirements and training requirements do vary depending on your previous experienced and certification, but you stilll must take the same tests as everyone else.

FE piston

Anyone know where one could get a study book for the FE piston test? Gleim only has the tubro-jet questions.

Thanks

Scott

I found the answer to my question. The ASA book includes the turbojet, recip and turboprop questions. The Gleim book is only the turbojet questions.

try the ASA software, You can take practice tests and it will give you a real good sampling of what you will see on the actual test.
Woody.

Latest resources

Back