Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C

CaptainMark

Saw on another board that Cheever is on his way to subic to scold the boys for not flying any extra...they are supposedly parking jets over there..any truth to this?

What is the move package to Subic?
Do any of the pilots live in a compound there or are they scattered to the wind on the local economy?
How many pilots are based there?
When is it supposed to move to Guangzhou?
Is FedEx building a housing compound in addition to the hub?

Just trying to make an informed decision should the opportunity present itself.

CaptainMark said:
hey start your own thread..i want to get some info on my question...

That was the talk on F-street. Apparently one guy approached another about a Draft trip he was going take. He wrote the guy a check for $3200 bucks on the spot and said "here if you need the money so bad take this" The guy apparently ripped up the check and didn't take the trip.....all just heresay... but apparently everyone is very family oriented in Subic right now, and jets aren't always moving. Also, I was told June is Family Awareness month system wide...........

CaptainMark said:
hey start your own thread..i want to get some info on my question...
Sorry skipper.....your thread was getting no love for quite awhile and nearly faded away. I was just trying to keep it on page one.

PurpleChimp said:
Sorry skipper.....your thread was getting no love for quite awhile and nearly faded away. I was just trying to keep it on page one.

Don't worry, CapatainMark has more that enough love for himself that he doesn't really need anybody else's

Mark, before thid deteriorates into a spat, lighten up and relax. it's just in fun, like you say.

SFS is a really tight knit group and hats off to them. I think EVERY crewmember is in good standings except maybe one pilot. What can Cheever do? Stare them down and try to intimiadate them? Good luck. Follow the contract, fly the contract and your covered.

What I heard (rumor of course, take it for what its worth) is that the pilot accepted a Draft trip and got an earful from his brothers so he ended up calling in sick for the trip. I didn't hear anything about a check...but who relly knows.

And yes, I plan on spending lots of time with the family in June...I hope others will do the same.

Last edited:
PurpleChimp said:

i was just messin...i have done a few trips over there..pilots live all over...commute from the states..other countries and live in subic..they have housing over there for the crews if they want it...if u are single it would be a lot of fun..married with kids, u better ask some of the crews about schools and such..think twice on that one...best flying in the system though...i enjoyed the few trips over there...no typhoons...clear skies..great massages (at least that is what Memtrash tells me)...oh sorry memtrash is on 5 weeks vacation....hey dojetdriver...i'm relaxed!

Here is the story I heard,

That they are not flying OT or draft and they had a airbus that needed to go somewhere. Subic made a taxing airplane return to the gate, or they held the push........something like that, then Crew scheduling was patched in to the cockpit to try to draft a jumpseater who was the last guy. He refused the trip and they cancelled the flight.

I had not heard B.C. went over there. That is interesting

SF3CA

I am currently in Airbus training and ran into a couple of Airbus instructors at the school house that are heading into SIBA training to go out and augment the Subic boys. hmmmm.Interesting.Goose17

Latest resources

Back