FDX Mins question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

schmooze

I was wondering if any of the Fedex drivers could tell me whether or not there's a gross weight requirement for aircraft flown. I know that the mins state that you must have 1500TT, plus 1000TT as PIC in a jet or tubine aircraft. Do these aircraft have to be over a certain gross weight? Such as 15,000lbs or 20,000lbs?

Thnx in advance.
Schmooze:)

I may be wrong but I don't think we have a weight requirement. We've hired several guys who have flown nothing bigger than a SAAB 340 or B-1900. There are also several guys I've flown with who have come from corporate backgrounds and have flown nothing bigger than some of the smaller bizjets.

I'm not on any hiring committees, but anecdotally it seems like FDX likes guys who have moved past basic line jobs....assistance chief pilots, Line check airmen or sim instructors, etc etc. My perception only, but it seems like they look for a pilot who has risen into some kind of leadership positions.

Next question:

I don't know any current FedEx pilots well enough that one will write a recommendation for me, and I hate the thought of losing an opportunity because of who I don't know, rather than what I don't know. Are there some things one can do to up the chances for an interview if unable to secure an internal recommendation?

SupaFly said:
Next question:

I don't know any current FedEx pilots well enough that one will write a recommendation for me, and I hate the thought of losing an opportunity because of who I don't know, rather than what I don't know. Are there some things one can do to up the chances for an interview if unable to secure an internal recommendation?

If you were in the Navy, then you know someone at Fedex.

FedEx will be at the AIRinc seminar on the 20th. Does anyone know how much going would help us who don't have 3 internal recommendations?

USNFDX said:
If you were in the Navy, then you know someone at Fedex.

That's true. Get someone, anyone, to email you the bottom half of the seniority list. You know people on it. PM me and I'll send it to you if you need it.

Can a brotha get a break??

My buddy at FedEX spoke to someone that helps select interviewees today. She said that you are now required to have TWO people who have flown with you write LOR's. These TWO people MUST be FedEX employees.

Just what I heard,

Johnny

Last edited:
MAGNUM!! said:
That's true. Get someone, anyone, to email you the bottom half of the seniority list. You know people on it. PM me and I'll send it to you if you need it.

NOT a good idea Magnum..........

On a side note....just got an e-mail from the SCP saying that all meet-n-greets for the rest of the year have been "cut back" because we have enough interviewies for the rest of the year. Also, we will continue to hire 30/month through 2007. We'll see.

Latest resources

Back