FDX MD11 Pilots:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skykid said:
How junior is FO on the MadDog going? How about 300/310 FO in comparison. Thanks.

There have been newhires training directly into the Airbus (SFS bound), but none to date for the MadDog. Guy in my training class has just finished probation, and there are classes behind me with folks still on, so it is going junior. I would venture to guess folks on property less than 6 months

Junior guy holding MD-11 MEM seat (training July 2006) was hired March 2005.

Junior guy holding MD-11 ANC seat was hired July 2005.

Junior guy (girl) holding bus was hired Feb 2005.

There is a list of guys that are intentionally flying the disputed MD-11 pairings. It is on a bulletin board in the AOC, in the locker area, where guys post stuff for sale next to the vending machines and book exchange shelves.... at least it is up there now, till one of them sees it and takes it down.

psysicx said:
What are the trips like out of Mem compared to ANC on the MD?
It's alot warmer in MEM during the winter, but I hear the hunting is superior in ANC.

Madog Trips

psysicx said:
What are the trips like out of Mem compared to ANC on the MD?

Psysicx,

I can speak to the junior side of the house. ANC trips for junior guys typically go to Tokyo, Osaka, Tiapei, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Subic, Singapore, Penang, and Seoul. There are also trips to EWR, MEM, IND, and OAK. Senior guys can go around the world. Junior trips from MEM are largely domestic MD-10 trips, but if you are flexible and creative with your schedule you can get some nice overseas trips from open time (never disputed pairings though).

Creamer

TheDonger said:
FedEx MD-11 guys are busy flying all those new iPod Videos from Shanghai. You guys even have groupies on an iPod forum they're tracking all the flights from Shanghai into Anchorage on Flytecomm, it's a riot. Check this out:
http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123341&perpage=15&pagenumber=7

WOW!!! now there are some really wacked-out super geeks without a life! Unbelievable! I also have to ask the question..... Donger, how do YOU know about that BB thread? You order an iPod lately?:laugh:

Latest resources

Back