Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
I had a chance to visit with 727 ACP RT and SCP JL earlier this week while recommending and introducing a friend and they both expressed very posotive news about the future. New routes in China, more lift needed in Europe, hiring is going to continue (even through peak) at a 24/mth pace until at least Nov '05, 600 new pilots over the next 3 yrs. 20+ widebodies (approx 8 MD's, 12 Buses) on property coming very soon.

Getting someone hired. Competition, as you know, is fierce, over 12K apps on file. Hiring practices at FDX are reverting back to the ol days, applicants must have a sponsor. Not just an online app LOR but someone willing to take the time to schedule a meeting and personally introduce the canidant to an ACP or JL himself IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED but not required **wink, wink**. Upper mgmnt is meeting once monthly now and reviewing/discussing all the potential applicants.

***Disclaimer: All hiring predictions and aircraft acquistions are based on nothing drastic happening (ie. terrorist attack, economy derailing).

Last edited:
I have an F-15 bro interviewing next week that I walked in to an ACP. After a discussion with him, what I gathered was there was a pipeline flowing in from a combination of ACP and CP recommendations as well as some from the online hopper that were obviously extremely qualified. I got the impression they DID NOT want to close off hiring completely to the "off the street" crowd. I know the numbers won't favor the unsponsored, but I don't think it will be requirement. If the hiring continues as projected, some of the immediate sponsorees (sons, best pals from old company/squadron, etc) will get grabbed up and there will be more room for everyone else--typical law of large numbers type hiring.

You can't get hired if you don't apply. If you REALLY want to work here, network network network.

Once you get here--take it seriously. I've heard anecdotally of several "inside" folks NOT getting hired for whatever reason. You get your ticket to the dance when you come to the interview, but you have to get out on the floor once you show up. Your buddy can't get you through the sim or interview...

Good luck everyone--the place is worth the effort and angst to get here.

Latest resources

Back