• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FDX/DHL boat race

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually Daz already got his big payoff when DHL purchased 49% of his company. The game's over for him, he already won, and he's just waiting to be told to turn off the lights.
Yea, pretty cool the way they structured that, huh? This way, Daz can say "I fully intend to honor...bla-bla-bla" but when the last Astar bird rolls into ILN, he can say, "Well, fellas, I fully intended to honor...bla-bla-bla, BUT..." and still keep his millions.

They're saying it will be "over by the end of 2009" because they don't want to see a mass exodus of employees, especially S/O's. I give it 6 months, tops.

Yea, pretty cool the way they structured that, huh? This way, Daz can say "I fully intend to honor...bla-bla-bla" but when the last Astar bird rolls into ILN, he can say, "Well, fellas, I fully intended to honor...bla-bla-bla, BUT..." and still keep his millions.
Not only that, but they were able to stick it to Hete by cratering his stock. He owns a bunch. Everybody knows they hate him

I still think it's possible this whole thing has been planned ever since DPWN took over DHL. Daz may have been in on it. What still remains to be seen is how the UPS deal plays out.

Last edited:
Well when DHL/DPWN/AStar/UPS documents are subpoenaed in a lawsuit (from me at least) we'll find out who knew what and when they knew it.

Just for the record again. At this point, I really don't want this job anymore. I don't want to work for these SOBs anymore. I just want to be paid to go away, get recurrent, pay off some debt and move on.....in accordance with the CBA and in justice regarding DHL's/DPWN's frausdulent negotiations.

May not work out that way....but that's what I'm loading my shotgun for.

I still think it's possible this whole thing has been planned ever since DPWN took over DHL. Daz may have been in on it. What still remains to be seen is how the UPS deal plays out.
The UPS deal is gonna happen. This whole thing was run by BOTH sides through some of the finest and most expensive anti-trust and anti-labor legal minds in the country. It woud never have proceeded into negotiations had there been a serious possibility that it wouldn't pass muster.

What The Daz knew, and when, is probably immaterial at this point. As far as I know, CEO's are under no duty to divulge inside knowledge when negotiating a labor contract. There are reams of regulations and reporting requirements by which they must abide when they're offering stock to the public. But when they're negotiating with any outside interests on the company's behalf, it's pretty much like poker...lying isn't just permissable, it's expected.

Labor plays by the same rules. But in this case, they just didn't play as well. Personally, I think there were too many guys who were itching to get their hands on that retro check, and not enough who were really questioning the company and it's leaders.

I hope they saved some of that money...

The UPS deal is gonna happen. This whole thing was run by BOTH sides through some of the finest and most expensive anti-trust and anti-labor legal minds in the country. It woud never have proceeded into negotiations had there been a serious possibility that it wouldn't pass muster.

What The Daz knew, and when, is probably immaterial at this point. As far as I know, CEO's are under no duty to divulge inside knowledge when negotiating a labor contract. There are reams of regulations and reporting requirements by which they must abide when they're offering stock to the public. But when they're negotiating with any outside interests on the company's behalf, it's pretty much like poker...lying isn't just permissable, it's expected.

Labor plays by the same rules. But in this case, they just didn't play as well. Personally, I think there were too many guys who were itching to get their hands on that retro check, and not enough who were really questioning the company and it's leaders.

I hope they saved some of that money...

There is a very good chance it will go through, but it has not even started possible investigations. The litmus tests are just being started. If other areas of anticompetitive concerns of past come into play, it may even have a better chance to not go through. I still say it stinks of anticompetitive problems and the American consumers would pay pay pay. But who knows.

Competitor collaborations may involve agreements jointly to sell, distribute, or promote goods or services that are either jointly or individually produced. Such agreements may be procompetitive, for example, where a combination of complementary assets enables products more quickly and efficiently to reach the marketplace. However, marketing
collaborations may involve agreements on price, output, or other competitively significant
variables, or on the use of competitively significant assets, such as an extensive distribution network, that can result in anticompetitive harm.

I don't see the difference in a goods distribution being anticompetitive vs. distribution being the business. But who knows how the lawyer experts read these things.

Yep. I agree it's gonna happen. This thing has probably been planned out for years. I was just wondering what the final UPS/DHL agreement is gonna look like, and what it's going to mean for the UPS pilots. I think the world of air cargo is migrating to ACMI.

And I'll say it again. I gotta hand it to you Dan... you called this DHL/UPS setup correctly over a year ago! We shoulda listened!

Fraudulent bargaining.....that's illegal, and that's the trail I've got lawyers looking down. You can't negotiate with one party one thing while negotiating with another party for the exact opposite. But we'll see.

Fraudulent bargaining.....that's illegal, and that's the trail I've got lawyers looking down. You can't negotiate with one party one thing while negotiating with another party for the exact opposite. But we'll see.

Isn't that what ALPA has been doing to the regionals vs. the majors in their scope sections of their contracts?

Latest resources

Back