• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FDX CP Letter on hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you have the FEX (Turbojet) rating then you're good to go, otherwise I'm thinking that you might need the written so that you can get your FEX rating. I've been known to be wrong a time or two though.

NightFlyer

Got the turbojet on the FE ticket (FEX)....figured I wouldn't need the written again, but weirder things can happen.

A "Help Wanted" notice was just issued for Standards Check Airmen on the 72 panel. This may mean somthing, or it may not....

And, you heard it here first, management pilots are in Pittsburgh this week, looking at 73's.

FEX Written

Does anyone know a painless way to get the FEX written done with out having to Jumpseat to Seattle, get a rental car, and pay $295 to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours to take the test. This will be my 3rd time taking this test. I know I should just study the book, but is there any study guide on the internet?
Thanks for the help.
Waiting for the call from KD.
Thanks

FedEx,

I'm in the same boat, and am currently using the Gleim FE written book. It should have a warning: "not for the narcoleptically impaired." It's better than spending $300 though.

www.gleim.com has an interactive CD you can purchase for about $60. Sounds like it's pretty good. I don't know what else there is out there.

Good Luck. Let's hope we're in MEM before they expire again!!

Pecan,
Thanks, not sure which way I am going to go. When did you interview. Not sure where I stand in the pool, I think in the top 30. Interviewed July 02.

Standing in the Pool?

Speaking of where you stand in the pool, does anyone know for sure what system FedEx uses to call people for class dates? Is it strictly by interview date? Or do they use any type of a point or rating system based on the interviews? I'm also wondering how JL's request for information on the pool might weigh in on who gets called first? Any insight on what they have done historically is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: FEX Written

FedEx said:
Does anyone know a painless way to get the FEX written done ...

This will be my 3rd time taking this test.
Painless? Well, that's all relative. :eek:

Since you already "know" how to work the W&B problems ;) you really only need to review the regs that you've never had to know. And since you probably have a hard copy of the question bank, why not go through and highlight the correct answers, or white out the incorrect answers, and just drill yourself on that. Most areas have testing centers where you can schedule the test at your convenience.

If you feel more comfortable going through the same process with an interactive computer course, or practice tests, cough up the 60 bucks. But you'll only get the same stuff. Those are great for de-mystifying the process, making you feel more comfortable the first time you sit down at the testing center. But since you've already been there - - twice - - I don't see a great benefit in either kind of program (weekend cram course, or interactive computer course).

I keep forgetting... if there's seats for 19 passengers, how many bullhorns do I need? :)

---Standing in the Pool?
Speaking of where you stand in the pool, does anyone know for sure what system FedEx uses to call people for class dates? Is it strictly by interview date? Or do they use any type of a point or rating system based on the interviews? I'm also wondering how JL's request for information on the pool might weigh in on who gets called first? Any insight on what they have done historically is greatly appreciated.---

I asked the same question some time ago...the response was they drain the pool in order of interview date/when you got in the pool. The reason they can't take anyone out of turn anymore is due to the lawyers saying it is preferential treatment, blah, blah, blah. I guess some doofus complained when someone got on the property ahead of them. Can't quite blame them since we have been waiting so long.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back