FDX CP Letter on hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Goose

Just curious what you did after the move to Memphis and waiting to start class?

Were you flying locally or something?

Update your License!

Poolies,

Make sure your medical and FE written is current through what you forecast how long training will take. Take the ATP weekend slam-course , it was a short-term memory exercise that teaches you the test quick! Not that your test score matters but it was too easy to ace the written after taking their course!

See ya!

Last edited:
Re: Update your FE Written!

sandman2122 said:
Make sure your medical and FE written is current through what you forecast how long training will take.
Excellent point! If you are in the pool, it is not out of the question that you could get a call in the next few weeks asking if you can be in class Monday. That would make if difficult if not impossible to re-take your FE written. In 2002, they told my class if our FE written was good on our class start date, they would fill out an extension/waiver to the date of your FAA eval (completion of training). However, when that day came - the examiner told me, "I thought we weren't doing this any longer."

The medical is quick and easy to renew - the FE written is not.

If you are a poolie pack those business casual clothes and renew your FE written.
See some of you here in the next few months.............Finally! (edited for TonyC :D ).

Last edited:
Items for MEM

All good points.

FE Written - very important.

Medical - absolutely.

Business Casual - yep.

Don't forget to pack a second liver. The Red Birds are going to be starting soon. Duval Street is alive and well. You've been in the pool for 18 months. You'll need it.

The only part of the letter that I see that qualifies as, as he said, "secret"

Tony,

I have read alot of your posts and think you have some pretty good insights on alot of issues. However, I think you are way off on this one. It isn't your place to decide what should or should not be for public viewing. I agree, that alot of the info in that letter and what you posted from it appears harmless, and it probably is and can be passed on to those waiting to get in here. But I guarantee you that if you asked him to post it in it's entirety on this forum, he wouldn't. So tell me why you think it's alright for someone else to do it. It isn't. And if he gets wind of the fact that things he's putting out in somewhat "privacy", which is a joke, are ending up on anonymous message boards, the flow of info is sure to stop.

Just one guys opinion. Take it for what ya paid for it.

Later

VaB said:
But I guarantee you that if you asked him to post it in it's entirety on this forum, he wouldn't. So tell me why you think it's alright for someone else to do it.
I didn't suggest that the CP would send his entire letter, as written, to a public message board, nor did I mean to imply that anyone should copy and paste the entire letter. However, restating the facts that were communicated in that letter in as precise a language as is possible is no different than telling someone what he told us verbally. My reference to the names should be easy to understand. None of us use our real names here, and we shouldn't publish anybody else's names without their permission.

(Don't get me wrong, I don't think these names keep us completely anonymous. Several people know who I am, and I know who some are, but we don't advertise for the entire world. Anybody with a legitimate need or desire to know who I am can ask, and I'll probably tell. Anybody with a subpoena can find out as well. I don't believe we are all that protected, so I am careful about what I say - - I don't hide behind a cloak of anonymity.)

I think it would be naive to think that the CP thinks the things he said in his letter will NOT be spread in some form or another to the entire world. I also think he would prefer poolies to learn that "we're going to have to hire some pilots in the next few months," as his letter stated, rather than hear "See you here next month.............Finally!" What will poolies think when April 1st rolls around and they've heard nothing?

I just don't think we can go wrong by sticking to the facts. I appreciate your opinion.

Fraternally,

I spoke to JL the other day. He said he doubted we would empty the pool this year. He speculated that we woud have about 35 of the poolies on the property this year. As for the interviews he said only about "5" canidates would be interviewed.

satpak77,

I moved to Memphis while in the pool and unemployed. I had recently moved back from Japan and had my stuff in storage - wasn't sure where we'd end up. Sent it all to Memphis and started to dig in.

While here, delivered my second son (while unemployed - great timing). Found a CHEAP house to rent, collected a little unemployment, and eventually got a job that paid some of the bills working for a security firm as a security manager. I did that for 2 months and then was able to get into class with FedEx. I am thoroughly convinced that I started class earlier than fragged since I was a local and available at a moments notice. I was sure to check in with KD frequently and let her know I only needed 27 minutes advanced notice and I would be sitting in class.

That was my story, but then again, everyone else has a good story too.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the property. With the amount of draft calls from scheduling happening, we all know we need every last one of you ASAP!.

Goose17

Folks with an FAA written about to expire, check out the SFAR listed below, you may qualify for an extension if you have been deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

See SFAR 100, FAA docket number-2003-15431. Sorry, I don't have the link handy.

Phrog Driver

FE Written vs. Practical

I see a lot of posts saying that a current FE Written is important. Probably an obvious question here, but if I have an FE Practical, I assume the current written is not required. Am I correct?

Thanx for the help.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back