FDX commute from Austin or San Antone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FNG24

Just curios guys if anyone could shed some light on commuting from these two cities to MEmphis. Any light would be greatly appreciated....

Busy! A lot of guys commute out of SAT (can't tell you about AUS). THere are a bunch of Navy Reserve guys that drill down in Corpus that also jumpseat......GO AWAY!! GO AWAY!!!

My sister lives in San Antonio. Everytime I jumpseat to visit, it seems I am the only one on an Airbus with 6 or 7 seats. Maybe I am just lucky.

Weekdays.

MEM-SAT. Two afternoon flights leave MEM around 3:00 pm (Airbus and -10, so around 10 or so seats total not including the cockpit jumpseats). Late night also two flights (Airbus and -10, one goes through Houston).

SAT-MEM. One morning flight and one evening flight.

I would guess the Moday night jumpseat into MEM fills fast.

Last edited:
Pinnacle or NWA guys have always been world class to me in any city they serve. If you cannot book the company jumpseat with CASS there are still some direct flight options.

Hey, don't listen to Sandman.....go ahead and start filling up those SAT-MEM seats!

What you want to stay away from is the DFW-MEM commute!

:)

I think what you'll find is that certain days are tough (ie when everyone is trying to get to Mempho for their trip) and the rest of the week is wide open. Any city with a bunch of ex-military guys will be the same.

Just talked to the ramp manager in SAT and HE said "no more commuters". Sorry but we're full! We'll put your name on a waiting list BUT in the meantime I would consider Dallas. A lot of flights to-from Memfo and always the backup plan of driving in a pinch!

Jumpseating out of Dallas you'll run into A LOT of former AA guys who unfortunately NOW work for us! They'll get lost at night, keep asking about "their catering", wear their hats (uniform Nazi) and make silly PA announcments to the jumpseaters. ;)

Last edited:
A LOT of military pilots settle in S.A. and Corpus, and as FedEx hires, you can be sure its going to get worse. I commuted SAT-ORD: never again. Move to Dallas would be my suggestion.

Latest resources

Back