FBO's Crew Rates @ Hotels... Beware

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NCherches

For what its worth if you are use to having FBO's book your hotels rooms at their "Crew Rate" I have been noticing lately that online (we use hilton properties-hiltonhotels.com) the rate is usually $30-40 cheaper than the even the crew rates...

Just thought i would share...

I always check before I agree to a crew rate.

We've been using Hilton online because we noticed the same thing. There are still a few properties that have better crew rates through the FBOs though.

The hotels must all be dropping their rates without letting the FBO's know. I just found out the same today as I got a room for $50 under the FBO's discounted rate.

The FBO's negotiate their rate with the marketing director of each hotel independently. It typically is done around this time of year for the entire year. Same rate in January as in December. On line hotel rates are occupancy based and can be adjusted on a yield mgt curve, they are much more fluid.

My guess is that the FBO rates will start to come down next year.

Ive been letting FBO's know in hopes that they will contact the hotels and lower their crew rates.... we'll see if any actually put forth the effort.

I'd tell ya my other tactic on saving 30-40 a night at hilton properties but don't want you guys to ruin it for me ;)

Ive been letting FBO's know in hopes that they will contact the hotels and lower their crew rates.... we'll see if any actually put forth the effort.

I'd tell ya my other tactic on saving 30-40 a night at hilton properties but don't want you guys to ruin it for me ;)

"Servicing" the manager? I'll gladly pay the extra $40...:laugh:

I need a Gold Tie... then i could just score the NetJet Rate... surely they are getting a sweet deal.

I use the military rate offered at the Marriott Platinum reservation site, nobody can usually touch the discount. Sometimes as high as 50% off, even at international hotels. Of course you have to have a military ID card in case they ever check on you, which they never do.

Latest resources

Back