Favorite AFN commercial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KarmaPolice

I'd have to go with the two guys dressed up as Romans, eating and drinking and talking about how great life is. Then getting led off to slavery because they were engaged in "Fraude Waste and Abuse". Who the F*** makes this stuff?

Haven't seen that one.

My vote is for the AFN Sports commercials with the NFL Cheerleaders... Look for the close-up of the brunette about 2/3 of the way through.... shes my fav...

I saw one deployed where there showed some woman staring at a guy's butt - something to do with working out at the fitness center or something. The very next commercial was from the Social actions folks talking about the horrors of sexual harrasment. Had to laugh.

I'm not kidding when I say AFN and the Stars and Stripes are two of the reasons I couldn't wait to bail out of the active duty...

Worst

When flying gunships out of San Vito Airstation, Italy - they had local AFN commercials:
1) "DON'T SLAM YOUR PSC MAILBOX DOOR!!!"
2) "DON'T GO INTO TENT CITY!!"
3) "ROCKERS AGAINST ROLLING STOPS" (with fake drugged out rockers)

Im not making this crap up.......

Hey,
I'm just glad I had someone to tell me not to go to the commissary when I'm hungry, balance my checkbook and to try to learn some of the local customs and language.
And........ there's really nothing like getting some first hand knowledge about a power of attorney from a guy dress up like Thomas Jefferson.

:bawling: 'Sniff... Those were the days.

P.S. How can I be out of money again!!!!???? Look at all these checks in my checkbook!!!!!!!!!

Sitting around in the Desert...Gulf War I...living in an M113. After a month of this, whenever the AFN radio would blare one of its inane ads, I trained my team to vent their frustrations by yelling "F- YOu! We DO what we WANT!"

It was small solice, but there were days it was good for a laugh, and those were in short supply at the time.

The one I hated the most was about not leaving your laundry unattended in the machines. There was some horrible hummed music to go along with it that made the whole thing worse.

I considered recording an entire tape of them to bring home to the wife but decided that would be cruel and unusual punishment.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back