• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite AFN commercial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd have to go with the two guys dressed up as Romans, eating and drinking and talking about how great life is. Then getting led off to slavery because they were engaged in "Fraude Waste and Abuse". Who the F*** makes this stuff?

Funny, That's how I view the whole AFN concept. How about the money going to equipment, training, and the troops instead of wasting it on an unecessary tv network.

Posture Police

Don't forget the "Posture Police" from the 80's. That was a real winner.

Do y'all think that the Flag Officers watch TV and think "Wow, these commercials are really good. I'm going to let them keep doing them, because they are very effective." I would think some big-wig would use their authority to make some changes to AFN.

I always liked the commercial for football games that were played a week ago.

I guess we need a video on why and how we should wear our gay reflective belts...reasons?
"1. The PT gear isn't reflective enough"
"2. So the snipers can see us..."
"3. So the dumb*ss Msgts who deploy once in the war to get their bronze star for running the Services Tent can see us to scream at us for wearing out-of-reg black fleece jackets"
"4. So we won't get run over by the vehicles doing 15mph around camp (Why 15 mph? Because the cops are ticketing our own people - even on base in Iraq<-honest truth)"

Warrior Monks......

It was LIT that sang the song "It's no surprise to me...I am my own worst enemy...."

Last edited:
They don't have you guys wearing reflective belts in country, do they?

At Balad AB, yes. All times during darkness or bad weather. Every once in awhile they'll have dudes checking for them at the entrance to the chow halls. No belt = no meal. Rules are more relaxed in the SOF compound.

At Balad AB, yes. All times during darkness or bad weather. Every once in awhile they'll have dudes checking for them at the entrance to the chow halls. No belt = no meal. Rules are more relaxed in the SOF compound.

Th WOC NCOIC told me he went to the BX in his new AF RELECTIVE PT gear to buy a reflective belt and the uniform nazi at the door woldnt let him in to buy a reflective belt because he didnt have one on...(although he was in the full PT gear - the suit and all which is reflective)

Some folks just don't see the forest for the trees.

Wearing reflective belts around the base in a war zone is the most ridiculous thing I ever saw. I think the Air Force started that. You guys have some great facilities but also some queer rules. No offense.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back