• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fastest single pilot airplane from point A to B

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Money no object and single pilot only...

ASOHSB, it 'depends' on your mission.... why not buy multiple airplanes?

A Jet for speed/range (like the CJ or the Premier)
Turboprop for hauling and adventuring
172 to teach your kids
GET A P-51 for bragging. Oh and a MiG of some kind.

Then call me and let me fly the P-51. Please? California doesn't have Powerball!

C'mon, Powerball!:nuts:

Actually, the Citation Encore will beat any of the airplanes listed so far. They'll do .74M atFL430 (420knots). Granted it's not a true "Single Pilot" airplane, but they can be flown Single Pilot with the Single Pilot Waiver (FAA waiver 4050).

Of the true SP Airplanes the CJ3 just edges out the Premier.

Of course this is only considering normally certified airplanes, I think a P51, L29, and Mig15's or any number of restricted category airplanes will beat those listed so far.

Sorry, but I've got my name on that thing (I bought 10 tickets today while in PHX).

I'm sort of vacillating between the TBM700C, or the Pilatus PC12.

I like the speed of the TBM, but that Pilatus sure is roomy/comfortable for the family.

Everywhere we want to go, jets are sort of overkill, but I like the new CJ1+ specs......

I thought the L39, or a P51 would be cool to have as "my toy", but the wife keeps threatening me that I can't have anything that does an aerobatic manuver....danged airplane novice (we just got married last year).

I guess with $125M after taxes, I could sort of have one of each.

Oh... and a house boat.....

RTFQ,

Javalin is great, if there's only two in your family.
Ackattacker is warm, but I think the Swearingen may take the cake. If it's not already certified, it will be soon, and puts out some pretty impressive numbers. I don't know if they will be deliveries in the near future, but, IMHO, it is much more pleasing to the eye than some of the other options. The specs are impressive...

http://www.sj30jet.com/

Lilah

spin from the website....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SPEED - 560 mph
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The point of owning a business jet is to get there as fast as possible. There are no speed limits in the air, so why settle for a slower, higher-priced aircraft? The SJ30-2 is, quite simply, the world's fastest and best performing light busness jet at the world's best price value. It has a high speed cruise above Mach 0.83. Equally important is its long range cruise speed of Mach 0.78 - faster than many jets' "high speed cruise."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INTERCONTINENTAL RANGE - 2,500 nm
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can't get there fast if you have to stop for fuel along the way. With a range of 2,500 NM, you won't have to. The new SJ30-2 will make trips that are not possible in virtually any other light jet. Imagine. San Francisco to Honolulu. Non-stop from ANY city in the Continental United States to ANY other city in the Continental United States. Or maybe you want to go around the world - it's possible in a light jet like the SJ30-2.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FUEL ECONOMY - INCREDIBLE
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As an added bonus, you get remarkable fuel economy. At 45,000 ft, cruising at Mach 0.78, fuel flow is LESS than 95 gallons per hour, both sides. Total! Blinding speeds approaching the sound barrier combined with unparalleled range and remarkable econmy. Add the flexibility that comes with an operating ceiling of 49,000 ft (that's fighter aircraft territory) and a 12 psi cabin, and you have a performance package that virtually beats all the competition in every parameter.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Dont forget the Merlin IV C ...a very quick t'prop

Latest resources

Back