• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fastest ATP Rating in the West?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stay Cool my Brothers! My mistake in calling it a rating from the onset. I see many "ATP" next to User CP "Ratings" and assumed it would be safe to follow the same form. That said, care to offer up a program recommedations for the West Coast?
Thanks again in advance.

Re: Re: Re: bubba gump88

trainerjet said:

No more STUPID than you sound when you call it a "LICENSE". Funny that you should come on here and call other people stupid.

Definition of "license" per Webster's Dictionary: "a permission granted by competent authority to engage in a business or occupation or in an activity otherwise unlawful."

Definition of "certificate" per Webster's Dictionary: "a document certifying that one has fulfilled the requirements of and may practice in a field."

***The granting of permission to act as an ATP by the FAA is a LICENSE. The paper that you carry around in your pocket is a certificate.

:rolleyes:

Re: GUMP88

By the way "I got her number" makes YOU sound brilliant! [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe if you saw the movie, you would understand the quote.

Re: Re: Re: Re: bubba gump88

gump88 said:

Definition of "license" per Webster's Dictionary: "a permission granted by competent authority to engage in a business or occupation or in an activity otherwise unlawful."

Definition of "certificate" per Webster's Dictionary: "a document certifying that one has fulfilled the requirements of and may practice in a field."

***The granting of permission to act as an ATP by the FAA is a LICENSE. The paper that you carry around in your pocket is a certificate.

:rolleyes:

Since I fly under the FARs and not Webster's, show me a reference in the FARs to a "License".

How about: "when exercising the priviliges of a certificate..." or "this prescribes the minimum curriculum for an airline transport pilot certificate"...,or the definition of "rating" in FAR 1 "a statement that, as part of a certificate, sets forth special conditions, privileges, or limitations."..... etc, etc.

You are WRONG, dude. But you can't admit it.

BTW, a license expires.....does your "Pilot's License" have an expiration date???????

I'm done with this discussion. But, I'm sure Gump will try again to prove that he is right, instead of admitting he is wrong. What an ..........:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sheble's

I got my ATP at Sheble's in 1989 when he was still in Blythe, California. You have to pass your ATP written beforehand, of course.

I reported late Sunday afternoon, took a sim and an oral with my instructor, came back early the next morning, took one fight in the Duchess, met with the examiner, took an "oral" (all five minutes' worth), a sim and a flight, another sim, and was out about noon on Monday. Maybe the routine has changed in thirteen years, but I doubt it.

The place was very informal. He had cats running around the hangars. Not a necktie in sight. It was definitely not your father's flight school.

It pays to be prepared. I practiced the BLH approaches in the sim for about ten hours. I had a friend who got his multi there (all three hours' worth) and he provided me the Duchess gouge.

Hope that helps some more.

In the old days of aviation, the Airline Transport "rating" was called an ATR, for Airline Transport Rating. It is a faux pas nowadays to call what is now the ATP certificate a rating. Some countries call the paper authorizations they issue pilots to fly aircraft licenses, e.g. Canada and the U.K., but not here in the U.S. They are certificates here.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bubba gump88

trainerjet said:

Since I fly under the FARs and not Webster's, show me a reference in the FARs to a "License".

How about: "when exercising the priviliges of a certificate..." or "this prescribes the minimum curriculum for an airline transport pilot certificate"...,or the definition of "rating" in FAR 1 "a statement that, as part of a certificate, sets forth special conditions, privileges, or limitations."..... etc, etc.

You are WRONG, dude. But you can't admit it.

BTW, a license expires.....does your "Pilot's License" have an expiration date???????

I'm done with this discussion. But, I'm sure Gump will try again to prove that he is right, instead of admitting he is wrong. What an ..........:rolleyes:

I admit I am wrong!! But I still say that it ain't a rating!

Peace

You asked for the fastest rating in the West. I can't help you there but I can tell you about the fastest ATP checkout I've ever heard of; it's at Presque Isle, Maine my friend. Cost is $925 and it was the best $925 I've ever spent. Won't take you more than a morning or an afternoon assuming the weather is decent. It's definitely worth the airline ticket or drive to get your ATP there. Call 800-381-6875 and talk to John Trask. Super nice guy, relaxed atmosphere, and seeing Maine is cool to boot. Gotta have your written done prior.

Latest resources

Back