Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ernest T. Bass

Registered Offender
I need to rent a twin in the Atlanta area - something like a Baron with a decent panel - around 180 - 200 kts. Professional pilot with plenty of time.

Does anyone know of anything?????

Thanks

Wow, that's a tall order. Once upon a time there was a guy that sold blocks of 10 hours(I think) in a C-320. But that must have been 6 years ago, at least. I haven't seen anything like that in some time. Are you looking for a one-time rental, or something that you could buy a block of time in(or club)?

There once was a Twin Comanche that was a "club" airplane at McCollum(KRYY).

No flight school is going to have such a thing as far as I know. Insuring a Baron or C-310 or similar for rental would be a nightmare, I'd guess.

No flight school is going to have such a thing as far as I know. Insuring a Baron or C-310 or similar for rental would be a nightmare, I'd guess.

Heyas,

I'd agree with the above. Even in the heyday of rentals, you'd never find anything bigger than a Seneca, maybe the odd short nosed 310, but nothing that really hauls the mail.

Even your high performance singles have mostly vanished from the rental line.

Nu

If you have any military affiliation, join the Warner/Robins Aero club. They had a sweet Baron I rented some years ago.

Howza bout an Aztec?

Call Colin at First Coast air group 770-262-5739 he has an Aztec E that is going to be for rent as soon as the Annual is done. Plane will be based at LZU or PDK.

6A2 - Griffin.

Ran into an operator there awhile back. Had a 58 on Charter talking about rental to supplement. Instruction/rental clauses of a "charter" insurance policy are nearly 50% of the liability coverages. Even a charter operator supplementing with training will not do a significant volume to cover the insurance expense.

Judging by your post and credentials, you aren't doing anything shady, are you? Ditto on the "tall order". If you are flying enough for an operator/school to justify keeping a 310/58 around, they would have to run the hourlies so low to create the volume to pay for it, that you could run a good chance of the plane not being available when you need it, restricted to daily use or exorbitant overnight fees and daily minimum charges.

I have seen some pretty good deals to buy a 55 with 470's. With a light load, you have your speed. Even greater if you can afford the burn on a pair of 550's. If you are looking for the clamshell offering of a 58, you are doing something shady.

Good luck,
100-1/2

6A2 - Griffin.

Ran into an operator there awhile back. Had a 58 on Charter talking about rental to supplement. Instruction/rental clauses of a "charter" insurance policy are nearly 50% of the liability coverages. Even a charter operator supplementing with training will not do a significant volume to cover the insurance expense.

Judging by your post and credentials, you aren't doing anything shady, are you? Ditto on the "tall order". If you are flying enough for an operator/school to justify keeping a 310/58 around, they would have to run the hourlies so low to create the volume to pay for it, that you could run a good chance of the plane not being available when you need it, restricted to daily use or exorbitant overnight fees and daily minimum charges.

I have seen some pretty good deals to buy a 55 with 470's. With a light load, you have your speed. Even greater if you can afford the burn on a pair of 550's. If you are looking for the clamshell offering of a 58, you are doing something shady.

Good luck,
100-1/2

That's really absurd to accuse him of doing something "shady". There are a lot of reasons to want to rent a fast twin that don't involve anything close to "shady".

Ha! That's what I was thinking. I never saw anything close to what Piper claimed in terms of speed out of the Aztec. It's a freaking truck and a good airplane, but fast it ain't.

Ernest......there is a BE-58 advertised for rent at Lanier Flight Center in Gainesville. $650/hr!! :eek:

The "pre-pay" rate (which is a $2,500 deposit) will get the plane for $550/hr. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back