Fast Track to the Regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pft

Buddy if you have a DC 10 job why worry. Worry when your company decides to sell the right seat. In Asia you can Actually buy an A320 Job thru eagle jet. imagine that one

Last edited:
LowlyPropCapt said:
I will probably be flying with some of these CAPT grads in the near future. We shall see what we see...

For what it's worth, I fly with allot of rather low time pilots from UND and Purdue. By and large, they do a great job; especially when one takes into account that most have less than 700 hours total with low double digit multi times. There is no replacing experience, but what most of these guys and gals bring to the table is a good educational base and a high level of motivation to learn. When I first upgraded (fairly recently to be honest) I was uneasy about the experience level in the right seat. Not so much now. There are a few bad apples, but someone in Fargo and West Lafayette is doing an O.K. job.

Now, would I recommend the CAPT program to someone? Probably not. The concept of a type rating for someone who doesn't even have an ATP in a piece of equipment they stand NO chance of flying seems gratuitous to me. As a Riddle grad myself, I fail to see why they would even feel the need to offer such a program that is not even available to the matriculated students. It must be the all-mighty dollar. I'm disappointed in my alma mater but not suprised.

Anyhow, I guess we'll see how they do out on the line.

If they came from Fargo there in lies the problem with those bad apples, UND is in Grand Forks. I know all those towns up there look a like, but there is a difference.
;)

AA

P.S. Did you know in North Dakota that there is a pretty girl hiding behind every tree.

I was in talking to one of our new-hire classes last week and not one of them had completed any of their ratings under part 61. I'm not disparaging that, but it occurred to me that those of us who worked our way through college while simultaneously working on our certs and ratings at the local mom & pop fbo (part 61, most commonly) are rapidly becoming dinosaurs. We're a thing of the past now. Kinda sad.

AAflyer said:
If they came from Fargo there in lies the problem with those bad apples, UND is in Grand Forks. I know all those towns up there look a like, but there is a difference.
;)

AA

P.S. Did you know in North Dakota that there is a pretty girl hiding behind every tree.

And yes there is more than one tree in North Dakota :p

And the only difference between Fargo and Grand Forks is....

SIOUX SUCK! Go BISON!

What other type of profession can you buy your way into for a wad of cash? Would you let Doctor with 1 year of a crash course operate on yourself or a loved one? NO!

Humans want immediate gratification! What do you mean I need experience? The airlines and other companies love low timers and rich kids, they can pay you less! You think you are so cool as a pilot, look at you! Some can hardly talk on the radio, flare, whats that? But wow look how cool you look walking through the airport. That really hot chick thinks your great, then you take her to dinner at the Waffle House, SEE YA !

Your also the same guys who 4 years down the road bitch about pay, quality of life and upgrades. Put your time in, learn the ropes and be a profesional, not a rich, my daddy will buy me a job because I deserve one.

And please don't flame me because you think i'm jelous. I had the means to pay for training and buy a job, but choose not to for moral reasons.

sluminginpit said:
What other type of profession can you buy your way into for a wad of cash? Would you let Doctor with 1 year of a crash course operate on yourself or a loved one? NO!

I'm not trying to take one side or the other here, but if you're going to make an argument, make a good one. This is argument doesn't hold any water. Have you been to the emergency room lately? Where do you think med. school students go right after they graduate? That's right. They go to the emergency room to practice on you and your loved ones. How did they get into medical school? They threw a whole wad of cash at the school (and some good grades too) Yes they have some supervision, but no more than a fresh F/O out of whatever f*cking school they just came from has with a captain sitting 2 feet away all the time. All the European airlines hire their pilots with 0 hours and then train them straight from an Archer to a 737 or larger aircraft and they seem to manage safely. I'm not saying I'm not with you that it sucks that people are essentially "buying" into a job, because I certainly worked my @ss off flying freight through all the crappy weather for a couple years first. However, your argument sucks.

AAflyer said:
;)

AA

Yeah, Ya got me on that one... Grand Forks it is. Duh!

Anyhow, Before my first airline job I had no idea such a place even existed. You mean there is a whole world north of Tallahassee?;)

LowlyPropCapt said:
Yeah, Ya got me on that one... Grand Forks it is. Duh!

You mean there is a whole world north of Tallahassee?;)
As a matter of fact I flew with a guy from way up north in Valdosta last week.

dabandermac said:
did you train at flightline?

Nope... I was a Riddle Rat. Got gas there plenty of times though. Had some cuties behind the counter if I remember correctly. Any still there?

Latest resources

Back