Fast Track to the Regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
viper548 said:
I disagree. I had a student that was constantly failing checkrides and stage checks. I don't know how, but he's a CFI now. There's no limit to how many times you can re-take a checkride. That type of record won't get you into an airline, but it might not stop you from getting into a PFT outfit.
That's true. When Atlantic Coast was PFT, many of the pilots that didn't cut it still, somehow, passed their checkrides. Where they busted them was IOE. They got the "training" they paid for.

Joe_pilot. You certainly thought a lot about all that mess, but alas you fall short of your goal. You may have read the words that I wrote, but you certainly didn't absorb the meaning of them. Try again later.

DirkkDiggler said:
Joe_pilot. You certainly thought a lot about all that mess, but alas you fall short of your goal. You may have read the words that I wrote, but you certainly didn't absorb the meaning of them. Try again later.

That made me laugh Dirk, really. Be cool.

-J

DirkkDiggler said:
They may let anyone with a wad of cash INTO flight school. But we all know that having the money doesn't mean you'll pass the required tests to make it all the way. I certainly washed my fair share of bad apples out when I was instructing. I didn't want to do it, but some people are just wasting their time trying to fly.
As an instructor, how do you wash people out? Give them faulty flight instruction, then sign them off for a ride?

FN FAL said:
As an instructor, how do you wash people out? Give them faulty flight instruction, then sign them off for a ride?

It's pretty standard at a 141 school to wash people out who aren't cutting the mustard. Why keep taking people's money and keep their hopes of flying for an airline alive when they've got 130 hours and no private yet! Some people just can't cut it.

DirkkDiggler said:
It's pretty standard at a 141 school to wash people out who aren't cutting the mustard. Why keep taking people's money and keep their hopes of flying for an airline alive when they've got 130 hours and no private yet! Some people just can't cut it.

So you tell them you won't teach them anymore? What stops them from going to the FBO next door and picking up where they left off? I think a lot of the problem students move from flight school to flight school to try to get a fresh start each time.

viper548 said:
So you tell them you won't teach them anymore? What stops them from going to the FBO next door and picking up where they left off? I think a lot of the problem students move from flight school to flight school to try to get a fresh start each time.

I think you missed the point. At that rate, getting to the airlines would have cost the poor bastard $100,000 just in ratings, not to mention all the other b*llsh!t that my school started to push on people just before I left. Even a moron like that could see pretty clearly that he didn't have enough money to throw at the problem.

Latest resources

Back