Fast, neat, average...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
De Ja Vu all over again

Yeah, good point. Sorry for being redundant again. After looking at your post, I see the explanation is there. As I recall when I read it last week, I got about halfway through it wondering why someone had reposted the original post. I now see that the second half contained the explanation. I'll be more careful next time. Aloha, HJ

"Since we're going into all this Academy lore, can someone please tell me after all these years what the heck MOCUS means?!!!"

KC-10 Driver,
You had to have been a freshman in 11th Squadron to know what MOCUS is all about. I was in CS-11 as a freshman. So while intimately familiar with MOCUS, I unfortunately am not able to reveal what the secret is all about. Something you're kinda sworn to secrecy about under threat of death. OK, I'm joking about the death part. But we were told to keep our yaps shut for ever and ever, amen.

I have no idea whether they're still able to pull that stuff off back there, but the tradition was a very long one prior to me going through it in 1988.

That was really stupid. Any zoombags out there thinking of doing the same thing . . . . keep in mind that you have an overwhelming chance that none of the the pilots are academy grads and they will have absolutely NO IDEA what that message means. Even I after a career in the USAF have no idea what it means.

Hence, you will be considered a threat at first and and sorry idiot obviously too dumb to be allowed anywhere near airplanes after the dust settles.

Draginass,
Please remember before you imply that academy guys are stupid or idiots, that it wasn't an academy grad or cadet who did it . Also, my dad and I are grads so I've known about academy stuff my whole life and I've never hear of anyone doing this. That includes the Vietnam situation.

The salient point to this is that as a pax on an airliner, don't do anything weird, strange, or unusual. If you do, then the crew is going to have to assume you may be a threat. It's sad that it's come down to this, but we can thank the Islamic Terrorists and their supporters out there for it.

BTW, I'm not an USAFA grad either. I'd tell where I went to school, but I'd get buckets of s**t for it on this board, so I won't.

In the Marines, you get MRE's and they could give a rat's a$$ if you like it or not. No AF form needed to get that info.

Latest resources

Back