Fast approaching ropes end.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Commuter hiring

I don't think it's P-F-T, but commuter mins came down quite a bit during the last decade's hiring binge. Now, there's virtually no hiring. If the commuters are hiring at all, they're probably hiring at much higher times than the 1200 total and whatever miniscule amount of multi. I can say "miniscule" because when I was looking for commuter jobs twelve years ago they wanted 2500 total and 500+ hours of multi. The total time figure varied, but 500 was set in stone. It's all relative.

You're probably SOL as far as the big flight schools go. They primarily hire their own grads. FlightSafety has a six-month waiting list. However, as we all know, that can change overnight if hiring picks up even a little. In any event, it never hurts to place a phone call and/or send a resume and cover letter, and follow-up.

Just for fun, you might try ERAU. ERAU seems to go back and forth on hiring from the outside. I was hired from the outside at ERAU-Prescott in 1988. When I left, it decided to hire only from the inside. Apparently, at that time it was suffering too much grief in standardizing outside instructors. Some of that was also Riddle baloney. Riddle has been running ads for instructors for months. Once again, it can't hurt to call and/or send your materials.

Once again, good luck with bettering yourself. You will.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back