• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FA's want KCM to.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow this thread is getting really paranoid, the way I see it we paid for it we set it up and before we worry about letting other groups use it the program should be at all US airports served by airlines. If after that they want to have a screening process to allow f/a's use of it then whatever. When this was crew pass they were trying to include fa's and it just got it more bogged down and never became a reality. If a f/a wanted to take a shot at you while your flying they wouldn't need to bother with kcm there are all kinds of ways to incapacitate some one.

Wow this thread is getting really paranoid, the way I see it we paid for it we set it up and before we worry about letting other groups use it the program should be at all US airports served by airlines. If after that they want to have a screening process to allow f/a's use of it then whatever. When this was crew pass they were trying to include fa's and it just got it more bogged down and never became a reality. If a f/a wanted to take a shot at you while your flying they wouldn't need to bother with kcm there are all kinds of ways to incapacitate some one.

Right now there is a psychological deterent when F/A's go thru security, that deterent is lost when they can bypass it completely.

I know some of you can't stand to think of it but, F/As are part of our security team. I'd put them a lot higher on the trust-scale than anyone who gets to bypass the screening/check-in process.

I'd even go as far as to say I'd like to see them get JS privileges (priority behind ALL pilots).

What is: MORON

GEEZUS, do you see how baseless these arguments are? Obviously not. You guys should really work for TSA.

YGBFSM!!!! We give unfettered, unscreened access to our planes to those making damn near minimum wage with a fraction of training and vetting of F/As. How easy would it be to bribe one to put a weapon on the aircraft for a flight attendant (or anyone else) to use? For that matter, how hard would it be for an F/A, even assuming NO crewmember exemptions, to bring a 3 oz. aerosol can of "bat gas" or a few drops any of a number of liquid substances which could easily disable or kill a pilot in seconds? Should we also forbid the hiring of any flight attendant that has ever taken a flight lesson?? Just to make sure there aren't any loopholes, any flight attendant would be barred from seeking any kind of flight training? Sorry Romeo, that Stearman "lesson" can't get you laid anymore.

We talk about the stupidity of having to go through screening when we already have control of the plane but we want to exclude part of our team. I know some of you can't stand to think of it but, F/As are part of our security team. I'd put them a lot higher on the trust-scale than anyone who gets to bypass the screening/check-in process.

I'd even go as far as to say I'd like to see them get JS privileges (priority behind ALL pilots). We let OTHER "certificated airmen" in the cockpit (who can bypass security and have no clue about sterile cockpit). Why not F/As?

Must be dating one!?!?

From a good source- a big trip up with FAs and KCM is their long and lengthy history of smuggling. I know, in 2012 it sounds almost cute- but it is an issue, surprisingly enough- Pilots are simply more invested, and didn't take the risks that FAs did in the 70's and 80's getting drugs and arms in and out of the country- if FAs bags went unscreened again, there would be a very small percentage totaling in the hundreds who would abuse that situation to make some extra "liquor money"

From a good source- a big trip up with FAs and KCM is their long and lengthy history of smuggling. I know, in 2012 it sounds almost cute- but it is an issue, surprisingly enough- Pilots are simply more invested, and didn't take the risks that FAs did in the 70's and 80's getting drugs and arms in and out of the country- if FAs bags went unscreened again, there would be a very small percentage totaling in the hundreds who would abuse that situation to make some extra "liquor money"

Not to pick on you Wave, but you're trying to apply logic where there is none. That breaker tripped in '88.

FAs aren't screened as pax because of smuggling (or anything else).

They (as well as pilots) are screened because a fired ground ops type smuggled a .44 magnum onto an airplane, killed his ex boss, both pilots and a planeload of people when it broke up over Paso Robles in '87.

How is screening the only employees that don't need a weapon to take over the airplane (right before they take over an airplane) gonna prevent that?

Jar Jar beat me:

Too.

I was expecting to open the thread and read the rest of the statement about what the fas
wanted kcm to do.

Latest resources

Back